Bedford MW Paint

Davey089

Could anyone tell me the correct paint codes please for the MW .We have a local Varnish/Paint works that I can get the paint mixed ,or anyone that supply's the correct colour 1943 onwards .While rubbing the topcoat down which was a Matt Green/Olive? underneath that was a Gloss Green like British Racing Green and then back to a Matt Green/Olive .

Thanks

Dave

Hello Davey,

The best way to acheive the right colour is to get it matched to some original you find on the truck. Inside the dash, behind the insulating cover on the passenger side foot well, there's lots of places to find it, then you know for sure you have the right colour.

Best wishes

John

Hello Davey,

The racing green is possibly bronze green from its rebuild in the 50s?

On my mw i found black to be the base coat on the metal and the green painted on top of that. I would think you will find the green on some part that hasn't been painted, i found mine on the plate that holds the tow bar to the chassis. If you have the insulating plate on the engine side of the passenger side foot well, i found that to be totally un-painted on mine, or the inside of the dash etc. i had about an inch square of original paint and they matched it ok. If you can do it this way it'll be interesting to see if it different to mine....

Hello John

I'll have a good look around tomorrow in the daylight .The dash is stripped down so I'll check the inside's of the panels, also see if I can find another part on the truck that's been untouched to see if I can match two parts up.

Dave

Hi Dave

AS John mentioned I also found original paint under the voltage regulator, inside the engine heat/sound panel and also under the steering box where it bolted to the chassis though this was the later brownish later colour also the inside of my dash had some original paint on it.

Cheers J.