from the opposite side of the channel

"Bonjour" (in french in the texte) to all of you,

I have discovered this marvellous forum as I was preparing a visit to a TRIUMPH 3HW and perhaps buy it.

I am now retired, I was previously in charge of crisis management in a private mobile operator in France.

My interest about the 3HW is at the crossing of :

• a very deep interest about D-Day and WWII history. 
  • a life dedicated to motobikes. I have been daily using a motorbike to join my job site during all my profesionnal life. Motorcycles are also a hobby and I have a real workshop where I re-built a 1978 flat-twin BMW
  • the souvenir of assembling this model of bike when I was a teen (ESCI 1/9th).

So it's time to have a REAL TRIUMPH 3HW !

I didn't buy the bike I visited : it's a civilianised one. Lots of pieces are not original ones ; headlamp, carb, rack, battery rack, field stand, toolbox, saddle and no SMITHS speedometer !! It appears to me the requested price was not good taking into account all the missing parts ! Engine does not turn since ... 1950 ????

Following Ron's recommendations, I now have the Orchard & Madden reference book.

A bientôt !

• Like 1