Mystery Object No. 98

fv1609

Punching ears for gold earings on those lovleyy Sailors?

Tony I've never got that near a sailor's ear lobes to see, but I think there would be far too much flesh. But anyway that was not the prime purpose of this device.

It's a rubber dam punch, used in dentistry.

Yes, well done Davie spot on!

I bought it with some RAMC/RADC junk in a scrapyard about 25 years ago. I don't think I will have much use for it especially as the cutting plunger has snapped short! I understand these things are still used today :shake::shake::shake:

There is an explanation here, but readers of a sensitive disposition may wish to avert their eyes from the lower part of the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_dams

Ruddy nora your not wrong there.:shocked::shake:

Yes, it took me by surprise & I thought I had seen it all having just returned from seeing the Bruno film! (BTW the film was a big disappointment, being a long standing Borat fan, I found this film was full of pointless stuff just there to shock & pursued just one aspect of this character with little ingenuity & skill. I didn't hear any laughter in the auditorium from the other FIVE people there!)

but readers of a sensitive disposition may wish to avert their eyes from the lower part of the page.

YUK!! I wish I hadn't looked now. And no, it's nothing to do with dentists. :shocking: