Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

A couple this afternoon:

Jeep driving south on the M40 between 5 and 4 around 2pm.

Land Rover (looks like a Shorland but I'm not sure it is) pulling a caravan a little behind an MAN pulling a military trailer on the M40 northbound. Both I presume had been to the Overlord Show at 3.30pm.

Land Rover (looks like a Shorland but I'm not sure it is) pulling a caravan a little behind an MAN pulling a military trailer on the M40 northbound. Both I presume had been to the Overlord Show at 3.30pm.

Yes indeed Mk 5 prototype

DSC08853 (Small).JPG

For a mobile radar unit?

They have 2 of those trailers, they are for transporting a BIG container handling machine I will try and find out a name for it !!!

TED

edit;;; see attached it might not be this exact model but its very similar !

Kalamar-RT240-Rough-Terrain-Container-Handler-06-Image-Plain-Military.jpg

Edited by ted angus

They have 2 of those trailers, they are for transporting a BIG container handling machine...

That would fit with the size and shape of the (what I take to be) large yellow scotches on the trailer.

(Pass me a large scotch - hic!)

Edited by Sean N

Spotted in the Daily Mail (seemed the best thread rather than create a new one)

Challenger 2 crushing a German civilian car near Lippe. The damage to the car was 12,000 euro, no mention of how much the tank will cost to repair.

The link goes to the original report : http://www.epa.eu/disasters-photos/transport-accident-photos/tank-overruns-car-photos-51970271

Part of the report stated :- Police reported that a 18-year old female driving beginner from Detmold apparently overlooked a convoy of tanks when she turned left onto the Panzeringstrasse (lit. Tank Ring Road)

Now thats a big thing to 'overlook' and turn into !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51970271.jpg?eJwljD0LwkAQRP_L1Ffcx4Zkt00lGAVPUCvJxT07CzWV-N9dzuoxb5j5YIQADuMZEgyXhslkF7j3sQ9WbjeQaNiZ1sf9ur5ms7nJbAdkmNowHyHv56oOp399gAzeO-wtgn2kVMtQmTqel5Ri4UpLVb0VJVJ8fzcNItk~