Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

Maybe i should have said that underneath there is an old well wagon.

The armour might stop a pea shooter as it is roughly 10mm Plywood.

Look closely at the end photo and the screw heads are fairly evident.

The "Exhaust cylinders are just hung there by a few straps.

The Cannon did work as it was used to fire off about 5 rounds of blanks over the recent wartime weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted on M3: a convoy of civi low loaders each with a Man Truck and Sankey trailer on the back! Makes me wonder why each vehicle could not do the journey under its own power as it would have used the same number of drivers! If a vehicle was being recovered I would understand but not a convoy worth of trucks? They all looked new and in good condition.

Spotted on M3: a convoy of civi low loaders each with a Man Truck and Sankey trailer on the back! Makes me wonder why each vehicle could not do the journey under its own power as it would have used the same number of drivers! If a vehicle was being recovered I would understand but not a convoy worth of trucks? They all looked new and in good condition.

Keeps the mileage down on the vehicles.

No worry about getting the drivers to the start point of the journey or returning them when delivered.

I know it's just business as usual, but it was an amusing coincidence to be behind a Challenger 2 driving through Bovington yesterday and then a Bulldog through Bordon this morning!

Andy

Funnily enough something similar happened to me yesterday. I was at Bovvy to pass on a couple of boxes of ex-review books (Courtesy Army Rumour Service) to be sold at Bovvy's Christmas Fair in a couple of weeks.

The deed done, I drove off. Zero Alpha pointed and said, "Tank." My immediate reaction was, "This is the Tank Museum." Then I realised it was 131. Like the two cars in front of me, I pulled over. Then I got out, whipped out camera and snapped a dozen pics as it passed about six feet away. Like you say, business as usual, but Zero Alpha got excited and that's good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Travelling north to Gateshead yesterday from Staffordshire there were a number of convoys of military vehicles coming south. There must have been seven different convoys with anything from four to ten vehicles in each. The last lot were all coaches with Belgium flags on them so I can only presume they were the Belgium Army and had been on a training exercise somewhere up north. Anyone know anymore?

Here are a few (bad) pictures which I took from our coach whilst heading the other way.

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Travelling north to Gateshead yesterday from Staffordshire there were a number of convoys of military vehicles coming south. There must have been seven different convoys with anything from four to ten vehicles in each. The last lot were all coaches with Belgium flags on them so I can only presume they were the Belgium Army and had been on a training exercise somewhere up north. Anyone know anymore?

Here are a few (bad) pictures which I took from our coach whilst heading the other way.

they will have been at the ranges and camps near Otterburn, just up the A68 from Gateshead

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was stopped at the roadworks on Ively Road in Farnborough yesterday and approaching in the opposite direction was a convoy of around a dozen military trucks and wheeled APCs, presumably French by their colour and Renault/Saviem badges. Any one else see them or got any explanations?

Andy

• 1 month later...

Admittedly it was last week, but on our family trip over to Wales on Sun 13th April we saw 3 Challenger IIs on 3 Osh Kosh transporters on the M4 near Cardiff, I was more exited than my son of 7! A friend on Facebook saw the same independently to me and said there were more.

Admittedly it was last week, but on our family trip over to Wales on Sun 13th April we saw 3 Challenger IIs on 3 Osh Kosh transporters on the M4 near Cardiff, I was more exited than my son of 7! A friend on Facebook saw the same independently to me and said there were more.

Possibly going to or coming from the Castle Martin ranges ?

Pete