Complete Running WW2 Panzer List

JoelH

This is from a thread originally under "tracked vehicles". Moved to its own Thread for ease of reading.

Tiger I

1. Bovington TM. (Vehicle: 131) - UK

Tiger II (King Tiger)

1. Saumur TM. (Vehicle: 233) - FR

Jadgtiger:

Non Running.

Panther:

1. Saumur TM (Vehicle: 211) - FR
  2. Munster TM - Modern MTU Engine - DE
  3. J. Littlefield (Vehicle: 501) - US
  4. Flick Collection - DE
  5. Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz (Vehicle: 801) - DE
  6. Kubinka TM (Vehicle: II011) - RU

Jagdpanther:

1. SDKFZ association (Vehicle 411) - UK
  2. Munster Panzer Museum - DE
  3. Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz - DE

Panzer 38(T):

1. Army Technical Museum - CZ

Jagdpanzer 38(T)

1. Private Collection - UK
  2. Kevin Wheatcroft - UK
  3. ASPHM Association - FR
  4. KubinkaTM - RU
  5. Zeughaus Museum- CH
  6. Pansarmuseet, Axvall - SE
  7. Private collection - UK

Jagdpanzer 38(T) G13

1. Dave Carson - UK
  2. Jean Weiler - LU
  3. Saumur TM - FR
  4. Thun TM x 5 - CH
  5. Schweizerisches Militärmuseum x 2 - DE
  6. Army Technical Museum Lesany - CZ
  7. Virgina Museum of Military vehicles -US
  8. 2nd Panzer Division Association - US
  9. Karl Smith Collection - US
  10. 12th SS-Panzerdivision Reenactment unit - US
  11. Alex Hagenbuch Hilfikon - CH

PZI:

1. Saumur (Not confirmed?) - FR

PZII:

1. Saumur (Vehicle 304) - FR
  2. Saumur TM (Luchs) - FR

PZIII:

1. Bovington TM - UK
  2. Saumur TM - FR
  3. Royal Arms museum - DK

STUG:

1. SDKFZ association - UK
  2. Finish Armoured Brigade - FI
  3. Artillery Museum - FI
  4. Finish Army Depot - FI
  5. Private Collection - US

PZIV:

1. Kubinka - RU
  2. Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz - DE
  3. Czech Army Museum - CZ

JagdPZIV:

Hummel

1. Munster TM - DE

Edited: Hope this is a better format, have been sending around emails like crazy in order to confirm an extra 3! running Panther tanks.

So here we are, a run down on what different WW2 German armour we have in the different countries:

• DE - 9 - Germany
  • FR - 8 - France
  • UK - 8 - United Kingdom
  • CH - 7 - Switzerland
  • US - 6 - United States
  • RU - 3 - Russia
  • FI - 3 - Finland
  • CZ - 3 - Czech
  • LU - 1 - Luxembourg
  • SE - 1 - Sweden
  • DK - 1 - Denmark

So Germany - France have the most armour split between them. However the UK is only one behind.

There is a video on Youtube of a restored JagdPzIV driving in a field accompanied by some LH people, however there is no details of when and where.

Also:

We should adjust the list to differentiate between StuG IIIs and StuG IVs, there is a StuG IV shown on page 9 of the 1st eddition of 'Pathfinder' undergoing restoration to running condition. See photo: http://www.sturmgeschutziv.pl/

Edited by ajmac

• 3 weeks later...

There was a static PzIV at W&P, I presume it is owned by Rex Cadman...just a guess. Is there any reason that it isn't undergoing restoration? Looks to be a easy one to get running at the very least.... what is it's story?

Oh dear. The bloke with the MP40 walking in front of the PkKpfw4 ...

I can just about tolerate the fact that he is walking past a vehicle whose model (it looks like an H or a J to me: I don't have a ruler. Most likely an H) suggests very late war and whose SS Leibstandarte badge confirms it, he is wearing post-1943 boots and gaiters, his collar and lapel are Feldgrau, not the darker green of the early war,but he has a helmet carrying decals on the side, when every German combat soldier and particularly Waffen SS, by this time in the war had long since painted the helmet and while wet rolled it in sand to give it a severe matt finish (thereby painting out the helmet decals).

I'll also tolerate that he is dressed as post-1943 Waffen SS: the trousers might well be 1943 pattern looking how poor the quality looks and he is wearing the typical, earlier jacket (which max and match is perfectly reasonable, like the other bloke), but not wearing one of dozens of patterns of camouflage smocks (at least, not to mention complete two-piece camouflage uniform to replace the Feldgrau).

But somebody needs to tell him how, dressed as a combat soldier, he should carry an SMG. One hand holding the pistol grip and weapon hanging loosely at his side, leaving the other hand free to point with the open palm, nick an apple off a passing tree, smack his mukker about the head for fun or nick anything that's not tied down. Then he needs to learn how to swagger. Oh dear, oh dear.

Sorry ... must ... get ... pedant ... hat ... off ... head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AlienFTM, maybe you should tolerate, as He is the one dressed and in the kit.. and making the effort.. not the one picking holes from the comfort of the living room.

I understand people being critical and indeed the need for factual correctness. But having been part of living history and having rivet counters pick holes in my dress (which was factual and correct) and my Humber Pig, which was period and correct I get annoyed at people having cheap shots when they Don't own vehicles or indeed put in the effort to display anything themselves.

Oh dear. The bloke with the MP40 walking in front of the PkKpfw4 ...

,but he has a helmet carrying decals on the side, when every German combat soldier and particularly Waffen SS, by this time in the war had long since painted the helmet and while wet rolled it in sand to give it a severe Matt finish (thereby painting out the helmet decals).

Sorry ... must ... get ... pedant ... hat ... off ... head.

Dear Alien,

i tend to disagree with the above :nono: due to the esprit Du corps as found in the SS ,even late in the war many troopers kept the insignia on their helmets as a matter of pride, and later in the war as many troops camouflaged their helmets to include cloth covers.

the example shown is an M42 (M43 to the British), liner dated 1944 but with the early pattern runes? German efficiency

Ashley

ss ef.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This one is in the States but doesn't look like the Littlefield Collection one...

That Stug use to belong to 2nd Panzer "reenactors" in Illinois, it was sold to a group in California about 10 years ago, I think it is with an SS unit there now.

2nd Panzer: http://www.2ndpanzerdivision.com/ still have a Hetzer and repro 251's

12. SS: http://www.12hj.com/ with their Hetzer and repro 251's

Repro Pzkfw III out of Colorado: click on motor pool http://www.kampfgruppevonrybus.com/main/