War & Peace Weather

woa2

Todays weather here at the Hop Farm is Sunny:sweat::-D

I am arriving at the Hop Farm at about mid-day today (Monday) to mark out my pitch for myself and friends. If you get the chance, look for a Green Ford Focus estate near McArthur gate and say hello.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather Update (Tuesday 14 July)

Friday looks a bit wet.

Saturday - Daytime OK, but forget the evening bar-be-que.

Outlook - still looks a good week ahead, with good weather on it's way. It's just taking a bit longer to get to us.

Update - Thursday 16 July

I'm not too hopeful about the weather as there are several Low pressures about. Looks like a bad start to next week, with a very changeable weather outlook. If the High pressure that is due over France on Monday increases, we should get some good weather, but the Low pressures to the North of us are bad news and will cause rain. Better to take waterproofs just in case, as well as the sun hat.

Friday 17th July

This is the last update, as I will arrive at W&P tomorrow lunchtime.

The low pressure weather fronts are still around, and the high pressures are no where near us. This means that the weekend will be wet and sunny, with showers at times. If the high pressure over France could build or move over us, then will get good weather, but I'm not sure if this will happen. Therefore prediction for the week is wet to start with followed by warm weather with outbreaks of showers at times. I don't think we should get heavy showers later in the week, but there will be some this weekend.

Looking back over the weather for the last week.........anyone care to join a "Heated" (Very appropriate) discussion on "Global warming". :-D

Anyone care to discuss the winter of 62? the floods of sixty three?, the summer of 76, the very wet winter of 76, the very cold winter of 48? etc etc.

If you are a teenager, then you might be inclined to believe all the hype.

At the age of 56; I think I've seen enough weather variations over the years to dismiss it as a sneaky way of pushing the price of everything upwards. :-\

Looking back over the weather for the last week.........anyone care to join a "Heated" (Very appropriate) discussion on "Global warming". :-D

Anyone care to discuss the winter of 62? the floods of sixty three?, the summer of 76, the very wet winter of 76, the very cold winter of 48? etc etc.

If you are a teenager, then you might be inclined to believe all the hype.

At the age of 56; I think I've seen enough weather variations over the years to dismiss it as a sneaky way of pushing the price of everything upwards. :-\

Will, if you can remember back to the 50s they were predicting global cooling and the possibility of another ice age.

It is obvious to anybody whose daily life is governed by the weather that the pattern has been changing slowly for more than half a century but the speed of change has accelerated over the last fifteen years or so.

Whilst there is no doubt we have damaged our own environment there are actually two totally separate issues here. The lunatics have graduated from running the asylum to being in power and based on dubious facts(where have we seen that before) have spotted what they see as the perfect opportunity to squeeze the last pip out us whilst at the same time feathering their own nests.

Cynical....bitter.....You bet your sweet bippy I am.

Jack,Joris and mods, if you think this is too political, well thats your prerogative but you cannot stick your heads in the sand and pretend that almost everything in our daily lives is not now affected by our political masters, no matter the colour of their rosettes.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Just got back to London from the show,its a shame its blowing a gale most of the time,had some heavy showers.Had to return from the Groombridge show a bit early as we heard our tent was in trouble and Lee was doing his best to lash it down.If it continues it will spoil it for me.I blame it on the hot air coming out of the MPs mouths hitting the cold and bitter air of the electorate,theres bound to be a violent reaction.

---- em.cw.

Well, I still am convinced that the Earth "Wobbles as it rotates because it isn't fixed to a bracket like the model of a globe. That would explain why so many people are experiencing "Climate change".

I remember back in the late seventies, the "Experts" predicted that the earth's climate was cooling, and we could see a mini "Ice age" within the next one hundred years.

The experts also only tell us what they want us to hear. Another of their forecasts of doom being the amount the South East of England is sinking into the sea. South Island of New Zealand is sinking into the sea as the experts will tell you. What they don't tell you is that apparently, the top of the North island is actually rising out of the sea.

Best shut me gob now I suppose, or I'll be getting another warning, or booted out of the forum. :n00b:

I blame it on the hot air coming out of the MPs mouths hitting the cold and bitter air of the electorate,theres bound to be a violent reaction.

---- em.cw.

I think you just hit the nail on the head there CW.

Hope the wind has died down by tomorrow, my son Fergus and I are setting out at 4am tomorrow. Hope to be there early afternoon.

saw some pretty heavy duty dustnadoes tearing accross the field next to the show ground. It was like a scene from some exercise in the middle east.

This will surely make all the sand coloured vehicles look very authentic...

and get in everyone's tea cups.

and eyes (mine)

and sleeping bags..

ARGH!

Edited by tankmaniac
typo

I thought we were taught that we were still coming out of an ice age,i think that might meen its warming up.havnt heard much about the hole in the ozone layer lately.

I think you just hit the nail on the head there CW.

Hope the wind has died down by tomorrow, my son Fergus and I are setting out at 4am tomorrow. Hope to be there early afternoon.

Thats some journey mate,the most dangerous bit though is the maniacs on bikes on the showground.:-D