Kubel wagen replica

FWDTEXAS

• 3 months later...

http://www.kooblekar.com/

The kubels, just don't look right to me, I have owned two "original, 43 and 44" and have seen several of the repro ones, even next to my originals, the wheels and tires are way to big and make the chassis sit to high off the ground, if you would use VW/kubel wheels and tires it would probably look better, there are some other cosmetic abnormalities, also turn key runs about 15k USD. Don't get me wrong, some people would rather pay this for a repro then the $ for originals these days, but in the end you have a repro, that won't hold its value and won't increase in value. I think his Horch, Kommandeur VW and Steyr designs are more authentic.

For my money I would buy repro parts, gentleman in Czech Rep. makes complete bodies, wheels, seats etc. and use a late 40's-50's era pan, with a 35 HP engine "you can find those all day long" Then you would have a vehicle that would look the part, also a lot of kubels on the market now have a lot of repro if not all repro bodies, some on post war pans, so gotta think there...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm been trying to find a half decent Trekker/181/Thing in the uk, so far all I've found are over priced piles of c***! Seeing your replica has sent me down an alternative route. I've now found a company in the the States who will be producing replica Shwimmwagens next year, this would be my ideal car, what a hoot!