LR 110 Station, Fixation of Spare Wheel

Kuno

Colleagues; I own a rather unspectacular vehicle compared to the others presened here in the forum - a Landrover Defender 110 Station.

But at least: It's mine and I like it :iloveyou:

Thought that one or the other of you here might have knowledge how one could fix sparewheel and Jerrycans to the side of the vehicle (without haveing a special inner- or outer- cage). Is there anything available on the after sales market? Any sketch to be downloaded or a photograph of a good example?

Would appreciate your help!

Hi mate, if you want a spare wheel on the side, a wolf spare mount kit is what you need, not cheap though!

As for jerry cans on the side, you could buy a jerry can mount and bolt it direct to the body work, be careful though, the landy is ally and it might pull through.

Thanks for that link. However, I guess that mounting an add. sparewheel at the side of the vehicle would not really be a good idea. It hinders the view to the back via the mirror. Should better check first...

Thanks for that link. However, I guess that mounting an add. sparewheel at the side of the vehicle would not really be a good idea. It hinders the view to the back via the mirror. Should better check first...

Kuno,

That's why the Wolf comes equipped with a longer arm on the mirror.

See they've thought of everything:)

Daniel

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Okokok; I will leave it at the back door. The door frame only broke once within 10 years of having the LR in Libya now. That's ok....

They allways brake the rear door,i made a swing away carrier years before the aftermarket people thought of it.Have only just taken it off as the vehicles not likely to do another trip.Check out the adds in mags etc.its the only sensable answer if you want it on the rear.cw.