NSU Kettengrad

honeileen

I hope i have posted this in the right section of the forum, mods please feel free to move it elsewhere.

I have a friend who is currently restoring a kettengrad and is looking for new fuel tanks for it amongst other things. I wonder if anyone on here knows of anywhere where we can find new parts.

I know for the kubel and the schwim there is a company in the Czech Republic reproducing new parts from the old moldes, the link is here for those interested

http://www.kdf.cz/

I hope someone out there can help please

Christian

Hi there everyone:)

Just a quick update....

I got a mail back from KDF to say they dont do kett parts:-(

but got another mail back from Andreas in Germany sending me to this address

http://www.skz-old.com/index/index.html

which im waiting for a reply from.

also waiting for a reply from lehar military which has his address on the bottom corner of his website:rofl:

Christian

Bein' fik is what I'm best at................ but how the hell do you steer something like that. Surely the tracks will tend to make it want to travel in a straight line, especially on soft ground. Does the front wheel actually steer the vehicle or is it there for another purpose. This is a serious question from someone who wishes to learn about unusual vehicles.

Many thanks in anticipation of a polite reply.:)

Bein' fik is what I'm best at................ but how the hell do you steer something like that. Surely the tracks will tend to make it want to travel in a straight line, especially on soft ground. Does the front wheel actually steer the vehicle or is it there for another purpose. This is a serious question from someone who wishes to learn about unusual vehicles.

Many thanks in anticipation of a polite reply.:)

The front wheel is for minor steering on the road.

When steering further the tracks steer like a tank.

On grass it does tend to go traight ahead wheen steering only with the frontwheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there all that is interested........

I finally got a positive reply back from the CZ Rep about parts for the Kett.

But a question to you all:sweat:

Do I send money before receiving goods or good old C.O.D. if it existed with the CZ republic?

Because its expensive items being ordered im not too sure what to do, the guy has sent me his bank details and i think he is expecting me to send money first.

what normally happens when ordering abroad/overseas?

Christian

Hi there all that is interested........

I finally got a positive reply back from the CZ Rep about parts for the Kett.

But a question to you all:sweat:

Do I send money before receiving goods or good old C.O.D. if it existed with the CZ republic?

Because its expensive items being ordered im not too sure what to do, the guy has sent me his bank details and i think he is expecting me to send money first.

what normally happens when ordering abroad/overseas?

Christian

Go there yourself and hand over the cash on receiving the goods. The only safe option. Thats what I used to do. John.

I have thought of that, as it is only a 2600km round trip with fuel costs of about 350 euros plus my time spent going there.

Which is i think is better than loosing 8000 euros of goods or money.

I have never had a prob buying off the internet before and paying transport, but the problem here is vehicle parts that are hard to find in the first place and getting lost in transit.. if they were ever sent! and loosing the money.

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update.....

Finally started recieving the parts from the CZ Republic, excellent service from the 2 sources which are Lehar military vehicles and SKZ. With all our worries about if we would get the parts or lost in transit it did not happen.

Vladimir Lehar sent our parts off before even asking for the money so we recieved them before even paying! excellent service. went to send him the money which the bank could not do straight away!! his address is in the CZ Rep but the bank was in Germany 500kms away.

And great service from Michal at SKZ who sent us our parts of very high quality. many thanks to him even got a free engine grill.

I must get around to putting some photos up sometime of the restoration.

Christian

• 4 months later...

I ve just answered my own post to say that after 20minutes of posting here i got a mail off him:-D to say he cant help me with the parts i need:(

here is a parts list of what we are looking for if anyone can help please:cool2:

11-1

13-8,9,16,17,18

13-10

31-6 x24qty

31-7 x24qty

31-9 x48qty

33-6 x10qty

33-3 x10qty

bolts marked RIBE 8x32mm x16qty

a selection of bolts marked RIBE diameter 6 and 8

I have tried Vladimir Lehar and SKZ olds and cant get parts from either of them:shake:

Help please

Christian

re 11-1, is it the complete water pump you need or just the pulley.

i might have a spare pump but i had to make the pulley

skz-old sell 13-10

I got 31-6 & 7 from lehar and 33-6

33-3 i got from poland

from this chap jacek@ww2vw.com his site is http://www.ww2vw.com

i got 13-8,9,16,17 & 18 from lehar

it was a while back

philip

Just to say, Vladimir can be very slow in getting back sometimes

occasionally it takes months for him to reply to emails

very good man to do business with as are all of the suppliers in czech rep

philip

I second this, Vladimir is top guy in my book,. He sends parts befor the money gets to him. It is all done on trust, and it makes a real change for the trust to be this way around. His stuff is very good too.

I guess sooner or later some pig will take advantage of his good nature, and it will be 'business as usual'

Hi there Kradbuilder

Just sourced a waterpump today complete so that has solved a problem. thanks for the offer.

For the other parts Michal at SKZ does not have anything in stock for the moment, the same as Vladimir who replied to me last night. He told me to get back to him at the end of the month, so guess we will wait.

Just sent a mail to Poland so i will see if they can help.

Hi there Mark

Vladimir and Michal are both excellent to deal with and so honest, everything that we have had from them has been of very good quality. I just hope that no one ever rips them off. It is very hard to find guys like this in this day and age!

Christian