Mystery Object No. 96

clive,

it looks like an observation turret on the back of a lorry, like the RAF used to control aircraft before take off..........or maybe not :confused:

regards

Graham it isn't, although I see what you mean. But you are sort of warm although things aren't quite what they might seem. This is 1/4 of the image, more to be revealed tomorrow.

If you squint, and look side on, it could be a balcony or an observation platform on a ship?

Nope, slightly warm but saying that might be misleading.

This is a representation of something bigger than it is.

It has a bit of a DUKW flavor to it , the cab as viewed from below and to the side , only the DUKW on that side would have a grill visible not a solid cover ??

That was my thought too.

It has a bit of a DUKW flavor to it , the cab as viewed from below and to the side , only the DUKW on that side would have a grill visible not a solid cover ??

Yes well done, very well spotted!

I wasn't sure whether that was too tough & was expecting requests for clues. But you got it!

It is a rather cute acknowledgement to the D-Day training by US forces at Braunton Burrows in North Devon, which is now a nature (oh dear sorry I mean 'biosphere') reserve.

Dscf0258aa.jpg

Dscf0257.jpg

Thank You FV1609 , I think that makes me 2 for 96 ah well its not the number that matters its the having fun and solving the mystery .

< now that I have everyone believing that story , put the usual selection of pasteries in a brown paper bag for my courier to retrive, wink wink nudge nudge>