Scammell owners and enthusiasts beano to the Seaside !

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
However the friendly gestures from the Pilot crew made it quite clear that a meeting in more open waters would result in a serious chase! :-D)

We have had a few runs with the pilots before, its about ten miles to the nab tower so gives a good chance for a bit off fun.They have about a thousand HP so take some catching,we seem to have the edge in the rougher weather.They look heavy allthough i think all the wheelhouse etc is alluminium.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few pics of Cowes for those not familier with it.

island_sailing_club_wp.jpg

customs.

floating_bridge_wp.jpg

a left over crane from busier days,there has been a lot of argument on whether it stays or goes.The ferry on the left of picture is a chain Ferry so is classed as a floating bridge.The rib is towing out sail traing cadets.

cowes_wp.jpg

cowes_corinthian_wp.jpg

The Royal Yacht Squadron.Members are allowed to fly the white Ensign

The warrant was granted by one of the kings who learnt to sail there.

Peter thorneycroft would fly it and moor up on there jetty.

He was broke at the time but what stile.We have had lunch there ,by invitation and its like stepping back 100 yrs.

cowes3_wp.jpg

cowes2_wp.jpg

are the cannons stored elsewhere or are they polished/waxed quite often?

They are out all year as far as i know,This is a seriously wealthy establishment they would not have trouble finding a few bob for cannon maintenance.:-D

If only I knew how to transfer the videos from the Sony Picture Motion Browser to Youtube mate ! Modern technology drives me around the bend ! :shake:

Me as well but its easy,stop slacking theres been over three hundred hits and they need more.more more we need more give us more we need to see the flag flying.:yay::yay::yay:

If only I knew how to transfer the videos from the Sony Picture Motion Browser to Youtube mate ! Modern technology drives me around the bend ! :shake:

Why are you trying to up load from SMPB Andy? after you have trimmed/edited it, save it to your video folder and upload it from there.

By the way this must be the easiest thread to search for, not many mentions of the Beano on here!

Something went wrong...

Well done Andy no stopping you now

Black smoke for Bernard,Flag for Andy,more noise for Tony:-D

Something went wrong...

Well done Andy no stopping you now

Black smoke for Bernard,Flag for Andy,more noise for Tony:-D

CW you are one of a kind mate ! Great video in the finest tradition of Lord Nelson ! Thanks again and love the new avatar :-D

Andy - what a shame that in the last bit the launch got obscured by a cloud of black smoke :banana::banana:

Wasn't that meant to happen ? .........I'd assumed CW had activated one of his smokescreen generators. tumbleweed.gif

This has just come down from the boardroom.

CWcertificate.jpg

Many thanks,there isnt any funny handshakes that go with it is there?

We could start Extreme Scammell flag flying,but where next.:cool2: