What is a View ?

6 X 6

Question

When a thread accumulates a number views what does that actually tell us ? If, say, a thread has 100 views, does that mean that

100 different individuals have viewed that thread, or could it be just the same 10 people returning to view the same thread 10 times each ? Thanks.

Edited by 6 X 6

6 answers to this question

yup the thread has been viewed 100 times any combination same people or new , same people only when a threads been updated or someone goes back to re-read a thread.

Oh, thanks, I think I understand. When I see, for example, that the Scammell Explorer thread is credited with over 33,000 views that total is accounted for mostly by me, Andy Fowler and a few others viewing the same stuff over, and over, and not the entire population of Finland checking out the latest Explorer stuff on a daily basis. Cheers.

The amount of times viewed by members, guests, spiders, bots & crawlers...

For those who don't know what spiders & crawlers are... http://computer.howstuffworks.com/search-engine1.htm

Thank you Safariswing. It seems spiders & crawlers are particularly keen on Scammell Explorers and that probably accounts for the Explorer thread attracting vastly more views than other threads in the same section.

Thank you Safariswing. It seems spiders & crawlers are particularly keen on Scammell Explorers and that probably accounts for the Explorer thread attracting vastly more views than other threads in the same section.

It would be more but a lot of them spiders can't spell Scammell correctly :rolleyes: