Nash Quad

tailgunner

Thanks for posting these photos. it is quite amazing how WW1 trucks keep turning up in France. I understand that the US Army did not think very highly of the Quad which is probably why they left so many of them behind in France.

Tim

Which is strange, because the Quad was the first time a manufacture started development of a 4x4 truck with a list from the Army on what it wanted. Also, how many of them left there were US Army versus those sold to France? Overall, I think the FWD Model B was a better truck but, at this time, FWD was not very accommodating in making changes to their trucks for military service and that may have led to Jeffery being able to make sales inroads.

Is he intending to partially dismantle it and hide various parts in fields around the country?

It looks complete to me, certainly compared to most of the projects on here.

The engine is in but requires rebuilding, there are four new springs, body came from France and he has a genuine 1918 NOS canvas cover.

• 2 years later...

In the early part of this year I imported it from near Seattle. I did not like too much wood on it so sprayed the cab blue which in my opinion made it look better. There was nothing to do mechanically as the previous owner had done a splendid job. Starts easily if you have a young strong gentleman on the handle and drives a treat.........

On 5/5/2018 at 6:15 PM, Bob Grundy said:

In the early part of this year I imported it from near Seattle. I did not like too much wood on it so sprayed the cab blue which in my opinion made it look better. There was nothing to do mechanically as the previous owner had done a splendid job. Starts easily if you have a young strong gentleman on the handle and drives a treat.........

Yeah, Bruce's truck, right? Have driven that one in the distant past. IIRC, it's a '21...?. Can't remember if it's a rare 2-wheel steer. Anyway, I saw that truck stripped down to bare bones and know it was done very well.