Info- OIL

where do you get your oil?

after leaving my old job where i got cheap motor factors oil, in my new job also motor trade, i cant get anything near as cheap?

has it had a vast price rise?

i need to buy a 25 ltr barrel of sae20-50.... but getting quotes for £25+!

have i been in a time warp? is this a sign im getting old? in my day etc! i hope not im only 27! arrrchhghghghghgh!

Come on, fairs fair: 5 litres of 20/50 from a motor factor can cost you £8 if its good ordinary stuff (eg Duckhams) although you can pay up to £12 per litre for fully synthetic special stuff. If you search about you might find cheap stuff less than a £1 a litre but I always suspect it is old oil, filtered and with a magnet swirled around in it.

Employee (or 'in the trade') discounts can be pretty good: I knew of a ball bearing maker who had a list price but if you bought 4 then you got 50 or 60% off: employees got 92 1/2% off each one they bought! You can guarantee that the seven and a half percent left did not leave the company out of pocket.

it just seems to have gone up alot from what i think i remember

and seeing im changing the engine, gear box, and all the axles and transfer box its adding up!

bar humbug.... haha

and why does halfords not sell Ep90? is that a newhaven thing? and they dont stock sae20-50 at all!