les freathy

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
All finished, at last. will get some snaps of all 3 together before they get shipped.

Baz

Baz,

At the risk of diverting this thread temporarily - I like the vehicles and particularly the colour !

I'm building a Ford T similar to those used by the Light Car Patrols in WW1 and I'm trying to find a reasonably authentic paint colour.

Can you tell me what paint you used.

Jack

Model T Ford Lt Car Ptl0145.jpg

Edited by mazungumagic

Thanks Baz.

I initially used a sample Leyland paint called Sand Glow, but I need to get more to finish the job - not much is needed really.

I've always liked the look of the RR armoured cars. I remember reading a very funny story about them in Bill Slim's book "Unofficial History".

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Baz,

Would you mind sharing some measurements of the RR armoured car.

I have been searching a long time for (relatively accurate) drawings/sketches with measurements for modelling purposes as I am designing a 1/48th scale kit of this wheeled wonder.

Thank you for any reply,

Dennis

Hi Dennis, i'd imagine the Tank Museum at Bovington would be very keen and able to help you out - are you going for the 1920 pattern or the WW1 version?

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. I've contacted Bovington and now I'll have to wait what comes back.

My first thought was to go for the 1914 pattern, with the military modellers in mind.

If my (until now not too deep) research proves me right, the difference between the '14 and '20 pattern concerns mainly the wheels and probably some minor details. (ANYONE???????)

So 1 kit which will allow for building one OR the other versions would be a possibility I guess.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

I Dont have the dimensions available anymore. Bovingtons Tank Museums 1920's pattern has the same body a the earlier pattern. There is a model kit available in Resin kits, my Neighbour has built one, very nice model, seems very accurate.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4487&mode=&order=0

Barry

Hi barry, thats a shame. I could really have used some solid info on this.

Nevertheless thank you for letting me know.

I have conacted Bovington and will see what comes out.

Living in the Netherlands, dropping by is not a real option.

I know of the Resicast kit and Roden has also issued one in plain plastic (should also be rather good), but both are in 1/35th scale.

My kit will be in 1/48th.

But maybe one kit could be a good basis for another.

Cheers,

Dennis

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vintary

Can you tell us more about these two photos ?

Am I correct in thinking that the RR had a replica armoured car body fitted for the film Lawrence of Arabia ?

Now it is back as a motor car?

What happend to the replica body ?

Very interesting.................

im thinking maybe EE 5220 was first built in 1924 as a armoured car that served in jorden in 1924 i think the chassis may have been rebuilt as a earlier model for the film but to be honest i dont really know, the fact thats it is a rolls royce a/c im sure someone may put me right... i found the photos side by side on a web page that said the car had changed several times in it life...

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You know how you just happen across something that you were not looking for?

Well.....

I couldn't see it in the thread anywhere so here it is, I found it about halfway down this page

http://coolnetpix.blogspot.com/2010/04/abandoned-supercars.html

Imprint on photo suggests it was taken in 2004, hover your cursor over the photo, on the web page, and its title comes up in what is possibly greek but not too sure.

Regards rog8811

pencil.png

rolls armoured car.jpg

rog8811

hover your cursor over the photo, on the web page, and its title comes up in what is possibly greek but not too sure

The hover title says in Russian abandoned super cars 104 photo (as are all so its a copyright,) the ancient armoured car looks like one that was made for a Revolutionary era movie -ala Dr Zivargo style.

Sorry it doesn't really help you

Steve