21 June 2009 - Military Vehicle Show, Duxford (Imperial War Museum)

Years ago duxford use to have loads of stalls(early eighties) we use to travel down just for jeep /dodge stuff.The numbers of stalls fell greatly we asked why once and was met with" the organiser does not like them!" Still a good show wish it had the number of stalls it use to have ..................

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Years ago duxford use to have loads of stalls(early eighties) we use to travel down just for jeep /dodge stuff.The numbers of stalls fell greatly we asked why once and was met with" the organiser does not like them!" Still a good show wish it had the number of stalls it use to have ..................

Thats what i was told,a new broom swept them out.They never came back ,theres a lesson to learn.:nono:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I reckon duxford should bo a full weekend MV show with traders there.

It's in a great place with good transports links.

Do me a favour let me know how many traders.you really should be at dunsfold collection,call yourself a landrover enthusiast:nono::rofl:

It looks like I wont be able to attend this, gutted!!!! Rover off the road because of defective vacuum pump!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Mark :cry::-(

Oh no - sorry to hear that :(. Hope you can fix it.

Edited by Lauren Child
typo

I hope the Militant and Explorer are fit for their duty of clearing the mad rush around the airfield of broken down vehicles this year Lauren as they are my favs. ! :-D

Both are listed in the running order for the cavalcade, so odds are good that they'll be running.

I'd love to meet some more folks from the forum, so by all means come and find me. I'll probably be wandering around wearing blue overalls with "Big Bird" on the sleeve (on account of having a yellow car, turning up on the first day wearing yellow boots, and being 6ft tall :).

Heres some more pics of the setup.

DSCF6080_hmvf.jpg

DSCF6081_hmvf.jpg