M26 Pacific

Hi All

Out and about today, now that the undergrowth has started to abate, about 20 minutes from my house I noticed a familiar shape, an M26 in good shape and complete. The correct trailer is there but needs a sort out although is also complete and has agood set of boots. The motor is original Hall Scott and runs well. Started first time albeit five gallons of petrol.

Hope of interest. Tony G.

Christophe 1.jpg

Christophe 2.jpg

Christophe 3.jpg

Christophe 4.jpg

Christophe 5.jpg

Christophe 6.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Out and about today, now that the undergrowth has started to abate, about 20 minutes from my house I noticed a familiar shape, an M26 in good shape and complete. The correct trailer is there but needs a sort out although is also complete and has agood set of boots. The motor is original Hall Scott and runs well. Started first time albeit five gallons of petrol.

Hope of interest. Tony G.

Am I missing something here? Have you just acquired this lovely beast? Richard

• 5 months later...

Do any one know about a M26 in British service.

at the end of the war there were a lot of german equipment and weapons left in Denmark, among this a lot of Arty on the west coast where the atlantic wall fortifications was.

Just after the war a 150mm Schwere Feldhaubitze 18, was pick up in Denmark by a M26, and transported to England.

there exist two pictures of it being moved, sadly not very big ones, but in one of them a crew member of the M26 can be seen wearing a beret and british stile uniform.

• 7 years later...