M26 Pacific

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont Know Rich, but one thing is for sure, they are truly awesome:D ,the look, the sound of that engine and the size are all fantastic. i want one but i dont think it will fit down my road let alone my garden!
what about the shed? would one fit in there? I know Rich would really love one but where does one keep it?

what the hell am I doing?:shocked: I am trying to justify a reason for getting one!!!!!!!!!!!! :nut:

what about the shed? would one fit in there? I know Rich would really love one but where does one keep it?

what the hell am I doing?:shocked: I am trying to justify a reason for getting one!!!!!!!!!!!! :nut:

you can always find a way around these small problems, and yes Richard does need one, its quite essential:cool2:

I'll take air horns over wimpy sirens any day.

You can see whay they usually pull the rear outer duals for just moving it about though. Thin it isn't.

I've spent a while gathering original manuals for one, just in case, and there's one I have my eye on if the Lottery or ERNIE kicks in any time soon.

I suppose what I really need is for someone in Scotland with lots of pennies to buy one and need crew .. that would do for now.

Gordon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

A mate of mine in Serbia just posted these.

Makes me wonder how the hell it got there?

Or if its for sale as a lot of times he finds stuff and sells it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61966[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61968[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61967[/ATTACH]

... .the flag on the bumper is Austrian. According to the book "100 Jahre Panzerwaffe im österreichischen Heer" from R. Urrisk the Austrians had 6 to 8 Pacifics, in service from 1956 until ?? So my guess is that she made her way from Austria down to Serbja...

pacific-austrian-1.jpg

pacific-austrian-2.jpg

oooh, do tell!!!!

Mark

Sorry Mark not much to tell, except priced more than I could stretch to and far too far away, huge transport costs just to much of a logistical nightmare with the budget I had to play with.

Had second thoughts!

Nope, thats not right. :blush: No second thoughts I wold have one or all of them now if I could, but its my smallish budget which is the problem :mad: Damn lottery......

does this mean in 2012 you will be driving the jimmy while Richard drives a dragon wagon?

No.... not this time around. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
another......

You get points for identification, tried this on the ATHS page

My guess is that it is a Pacific M26 with a Fruehauf M15 trailer, Whites M2 halftrack, which at nine ton is near the ten ton weight limit of the Bay City 18T-50 crane

Edited by Gordon_M

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone new to the forums here etc. I've been looking for wreaks of any M-26 Pacifics that my be hiding somewhere in the forests of B.C. My Dad actually used to work on one that was used by Bowmans Timber in Chilliwack B.C in the

60's, but so far all leads have turned up nothing but empty lots full of weeds lol.

I may have a lead on a frame section, and not much else. what I would really like is some measurements for the armored cab version so that if my search is successful, I can manufacture a lighter weight exact replica cab.

Hell if I have too, I'll convert an old Pacific logging truck lol.

Thanks for any help.

P.s: Don't tell my wife she's gonna kill me..... again........ ;)