Photos of tank interior

agripper

I needs some photos of the insides of the turret of the Centurion as I need to see the radio set up, If anyone as a photo of teh inside of a Cent BARV radio set up even better, also need photos of the inside of a sabre turret for same reason. Also if anyopne has the gen of how the clansman would have been set up for both would appreciat it. Have been looking for a maintanance manual for teh RR Meteor engine used in the Cents, not having much luch , and I need a head gasket for the same. :sweat:

I can't help with the Cent stuff, but there's nothing complex about the radio installation in a Sabre. Mine's put away for the winter now, so can't take any photos. Basically you need 2 353 radios, these mount on the tray in the centre at the rear of the turret. Each radio has a TUAAM and ARFAT. If you can get hold of a 353 radio manual it will show you how to connect it all up.

Only have a photo of the radios in the Fox at the moment, but the idea is the same.

Chris

Radios In 002.jpg

Surely a Cent BARV would be equipped with Larkspur and harness? C42/C13/B47? Bear in mind the PSUs for the C42 and C13 were about the size of the complete equivalent Clansman set with built-in PSU, and the sets themselves nearly twice the size of the PSU (from memory).

Looking at the Fox pics begs another question. CVR(T) and CVR(W) were designed to take Clansman but the government of the day couldn't afford both and Army chose CVR(T) and (W) to be the priority, so that during the 19702, they had Larkspur sets shoehorned in and there was NO spare space.

I'd love to see that Fox with a C42 / C13 setup.

Thinking about it after all these years I have the nagging feeling that one of the C13 / C42 PSUs actually had to go under one of the turret seats in CVR(T). Anyone else ex-Recce care to dredge the memory depths.

Mine would have had the Larkspur to start with but it did have a Clansman fo rthe later half of its service. I would fit either so long as I can get the complete set and also at the right price!.

if you are in sheff i can get you the clansman kit from someone i know nice and cheap pm me for details

• 11 years later...
On 12/15/2008 at 1:25 PM, AlienFTM said:

Surely a Cent BARV would be equipped with Larkspur and harness? C42/C13/B47? Bear in mind the PSUs for the C42 and C13 were about the size of the complete equivalent Clansman set with built-in PSU, and the sets themselves nearly twice the size of the PSU (from memory).

Looking at the Fox pics begs another question. CVR(T) and CVR(W) were designed to take Clansman but the government of the day couldn't afford both and Army chose CVR(T) and (W) to be the priority, so that during the 19702, they had Larkspur sets shoehorned in and there was NO spare space.

I'd love to see that Fox with a C42 / C13 setup.

Thinking about it after all these years I have the nagging feeling that one of the C13 / C42 PSUs actually had to go under one of the turret seats in CVR(T). Anyone else ex-Recce care to dredge the memory depths.

PSU for one set went under the gunners seat