Can you identify Tractor, Trailer, Load AND location ?

6 X 6

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
A more successful later attempt and current holder of the Land Speed Record for Tasker 'Queen Mary" trailers.....clocked at 56mph on the M5 at 15:04 16th August 2002.

sc00df136e.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Fantastic has it gone to a good home mate?

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Do you mean, where was this good home going ?

:rofl::rofl: yes mate,a few years ago i would of loved to take that to shows just to wind the buggers up.

:rofl::rofl: yes mate,a few years ago i would of loved to take that to shows just to wind the buggers up.

When this 'photo was taken it was being towed from Winkliegh, Devon where I'd been storing it to near London where it was to be used on the set of a BBC TV series called, I think, "The Good Earth". The BBC very kindly paid me £2,500 for 5 weeks hire and the trailer appeared in the story for 35 seconds. All the shots were interior and, in my opinion, could just as well been filmed in a studio. Do you think we're all paying too much for our licence fee ?

It gets worse. The £2,500 I mentioned was just what they paid me. There was also the considerable haulage charge for dragging it up and down the motorways. At one point I got a call from the BBC asking if I would mind if it was towed 150 miles away from London to another location for a 10 second long interior shot. I said I didn't mind but asked, naively, why this 10 seconds filming couldn't be done where it already was. I was told, "Oh, it's on a different budget when it's at this other place". All of this is true.

Leaving Winkleigh Airdrome in Devon at the beginning of it's Round Britain Tour at License Payer's expense.

sc00fcd3ec.jpg