Can you identify Tractor, Trailer, Load AND location ?

6 X 6

Commer tractor unit, Taskers Queen Mary, V2 rocket and it is in London probably, at a guess after VE Day ( no blackout masks visible)

Is it in Trafalgar Square?

I'm just relieved I wasn't offering a big cash prize..... well done Richard and yes, it is Trafalgar Square.

abdul and Mo short for Mohamed on the crane , the kite is a Hurricane with of course the quality product from Luton towing the QM. My Dad worked at Commers from 1940 till the mid 80s.

just spent a good 30 minutes looking at JAMD some good shots including a couple more of the trafalgar square V2

Thanks for posting

regards TED

like to see it towing a QM,

I'd like to see it, or one like it, towing my 'Queen Mary' with a mock up of a Lancaster Bomber fuselage on the back and me at the steering wheel but, sadly, it won't be happening anytime soon. (Due to lack of funds)

I posted the colour photo of the Commer Q2 on another thread a bit ago.

The vehicle lives in west Cumbria and I believe the owner has a QM trailer (under restoration) to go with it.

The photo was taken at the Cumbria Steam & Vintage Vehicle Society rally at Flookborough 5 years ago

Edited by Brooky
inaccurate info

3321610.jpg

Early attempt at Land Speed Record, and the bloke standing behind the trailer has just discovered that the cause of failure to ignite on attempt # 1 is that the remote firing cable has been run over by the trailer.

A more successful later attempt and current holder of the Land Speed Record for Tasker 'Queen Mary" trailers.....clocked at 56mph on the M5 at 15:04 16th August 2002.

sc00df136e.jpg