Eager Beaver record Cards

antarmike

Question

Has anyone any ideas. I wrote to RLC museum deepcut, to find the record card for my Eager Beaver. After some time they wrote back saying they did not hold any record cards for the APFLT. They said RE Museum, Chatham held the cards. I wrote to RE Museum and it has taken them six months to come back saying they don't hold any record cards for Eager Bearvers, but they have some general technical information on the model.

If RLC and RE Museums dont hold any record cards for any of the Eager Beaver Fork lift trucks, who else might?

• Answers 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi

I'm a new member to HMVF and wonder if you may have a wiring diagram for a Beaver? I can supply a photocopy of the parts list but need a wiring chart to help me with my ongoing rolling restoration.

Andy

Equiped with lighting, but only over run brakes, so not legal for road use. My plan is to break it into packaged loads and carry it to the rally on the Forks of the EB, and build it up again when i get there!! Yes I am mad!!

You may be mad Mike but the rallies would be a lot less interesting with out your dedication to showing your toys ! Long may it continue mate ! :clap::clap::clap:

Hi

I'm a new member to HMVF and wonder if you may have a wiring diagram for a Beaver? I can supply a photocopy of the parts list but need a wiring chart to help me with my ongoing rolling restoration.

Andy

There are major differences between wiring on Mk1 and Mk2. I am scanning in Mk2, but the diagram is a large fold out and I will have to post in two halves. I don,t know how you will put them together!

Edited by antarmike

Hi

Andy

What Mark is yours, can we see a picture? where abouts are you?

mk2wiringpart1.jpg

mk2wiringpart2.jpg

I have also got Mk1 wiring diagram, but the odds are you have a mark2. If you need the mk1 diagram I could copy it but not for a day or two. Mike PS the Mk1 diagram is schematic and a bit easier to follow but there are big differences.....

Edited by antarmike

Thanks very much for the wiring diagram, it will be very handy.

My Beaver is a Mk2 and I purchased it about 5 years ago from Steve Carter, put the engine in had the injector pump seal fixed and got it running. Then fixed the brakes and have been using it eversince. Also have another chassis with axles for spares.

When I get it out next time I will take some pics. I was very lucky to get a set of extension tynes and the correct hook plus some of the mudguards. I think there is another set of extension tynes locally that may be available if anyone is interested.

Andy

Thanks very much for the wiring diagram, it will be very handy.

My Beaver is a Mk2 and I purchased it about 5 years ago from Steve Carter, put the engine in had the injector pump seal fixed and got it running. Then fixed the brakes and have been using it eversince. Also have another chassis with axles for spares.

When I get it out next time I will take some pics. I was very lucky to get a set of extension tynes and the correct hook plus some of the mudguards. I think there is another set of extension tynes locally that may be available if anyone is interested.

Andy

I would be interested in another set of tines, It is my intention to get the spare Eager Beaver going one day and they are one thing nissing.

airportabletrailer.jpg

Can anyone help with a manual for this trailer, or is anyone familiar with how, when dissasembled, the various parts are stacked to make the individual air portable"packaged loads"?

Contrary to my earlier post, there is rudimentary suspension, in the form of rubber buffers at the top of a sliding housing, where the axles attach to the hangers.

Edited by antarmike

Hi guys. I'm new to this sort of thing but I used to be in the earlier mentioned 47 Air Despatch Sqn RCT. We were based at RAF Lyneham and Have some really great memories of the famed Eager Beaver. In fact the reason i found this site was a curiosity about what you can find on the net.

We used beavers with a roller pallet on the front to load the hercules from the AP trailer, featured earlier in your thread, which also had roller conveyor on. We transported them on the back of vehicles to far off Drop Zones but as a routine "bread and butter" drops we drove them, mast tilted back, to RAF Keevil, our regular DZ. Ah those white knuckle rides. :nut:

Hi guys. I'm new to this sort of thing but I used to be in the earlier mentioned 47 Air Despatch Sqn RCT. We were based at RAF Lyneham and Have some really great memories of the famed Eager Beaver. In fact the reason i found this site was a curiosity about what you can find on the net.

We used beavers with a roller pallet on the front to load the hercules from the AP trailer, featured earlier in your thread, which also had roller conveyor on. We transported them on the back of vehicles to far off Drop Zones but as a routine "bread and butter" drops we drove them, mast tilted back, to RAF Keevil, our regular DZ. Ah those white knuckle rides. :nut:

Hi there, good to hear from a user. I love the things, I wanted one for ten years before I found one at the same time I actually had any money!