Operation Bolero 2010

M5Clive

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not dead, but I agree that things have been dormant for a while, so high time for an update!

Ed Abbott, my partner Suzanne and myself organise this even out of passion, ambition and the desire to want to do it. Only if we feel these three key ingredients will the event work - and exceed everyones expectations, including our own. Home life has been pretty hectic since the last Bolero in 2007, with plenty to keep us diverted from doing another one - A new baby, building a new house, becoming a director of the business that I run etc etc, you simply cannot do it all and if I don't have enough free time to commit to putting together an event, then I won't do a half hearted effort either!

I still can't quite believe that it was June 2007 that we did the last one - It only seems like last year. However, both Ed and I are responsible for the planning, running and general organisation of the Route to Victory convoys in Wiltshire in May this year. We also did the same for the 2008 Route to Victory. Those loyal followers who attend our convoy's 'country wide' will know how much fun the 'Route to Victory' convoy weekends are and will appreciate that we simply cannot do both in a year - It is just too much.

Therefore, the plan as far as i see it is to do RTV one year and Operation Bolero the next, which will mean we are due for a Bolero in 2011. The event takes about a year to put together and as you can see from all the comments on this thread, people are eager for it to run again and people have been very constructive in their comments on what they want from the event.

So to conclude, yes we still plan to do the event again. For those wanting Bolero more central in the Country be sure to book into Route to Victory this May Bank Holiday weekend which is looking to be another corker and for those who prefer to keep their bar tread in East Anglia it will be Bolero 2011, somewhere in Eight Air Force territory!

Not forgetting Jack's exciting new venture in deepest Dorset of course in June this year which seems to be attracting a great deal of interest as well - After all, he did learnt from the best!!

Hi Clive, nothing seems to have been posted on the 2011 event for a while now, is it still live ? Regards David Robertson