Army tents

Jack

Hi Jack

This is a very good question. I am also wondering what is the best tent

i have spoken to a few people and you need to get a tent that is definatly green! otherwise if you have a normal tent you are normally asked to sleep away from everyone else and you are put in the camping field.

But if you look to buy a military tent the prices are well a bit steep :shock:

Anyone know where is they best place to buy a military tent?

Best regards

Rowan

I use a ten man artic tent with liner, it is warm in winter and cool in the summer and pleanty of room for me and two kids. I find that the price of tents are extreme as everyone is trying ot get in on the act of charging as much as possible because of demand.

.......................................otherwise if you have a normal tent you are normally asked to sleep away from everyone else and you are put in the camping field.

That sounds GREAT, and saves having to explain why you want to be on your own.

Not green for me then. Thanks for that.

Hi Guys

.......................................otherwise if you have a normal tent you are normally asked to sleep away from everyone else and you are put in the camping field.

Well is i just me :? or has any one else found this? it happend to me a kemble steam show. This why i sleep in the back the dodge.

Regards

Rowan

Not green for me then. Thanks for that.

Why go to these military events if you are not prpared to take part in them and be on your own :?: I cannot see the logic in that :shock:

FWIW to any one - my lot never had tents. Night- (or more often day-)time bivvies were a poncho stretched over a frame of branches for one. Or two ponchos Joined for two - but then it would usually be shared on a 4 hrs on, 4 hrs off basis. If we had vehicles the frame would be propped against - never fastened to - the side or rear of the vehicle.

Hello All,

Started with a 9x9 landrover tent with full liner, ( liner makes a whole lot of difference, well worth the effort). 9x9 can be put up single handed and in the dark when you arrive at a show at midnight, but don't those poles make a noise at that time night. Then we got the 12x12, loads of space, but what a pig to put up and thats without a liner. Spend alot of first nights at shows in lorry nowadays normally to knackered to put tents up, have been tempted to go the wimps way and get a caravan.

Dougy

Our lot are strictly military tentage, anyone who turns up with civvy are encouraged to acquire a 9x9 quickly or arson may ensue! We do have spare tentage (a 12x 12 christened Guest House Paradiso) for new members who need to get started. We always put up a mess tent made up of 3 12 x 12s end to end, with the sides rolled up on the end one. Needs teamwork though!

2004-003.JPG

If anyone has a 12 x 12, it is possible to erect or pack them without unlacing the corners, we have 2 permanantly laced together as part of the mess tent which saves a lot of faffing around.