eveshamrally017.jpg

anyone recognise anybody.

eveshamrally016.jpg

eveshamrally015.jpg

eveshamrally014.jpg

i like the detail throughout the site.

Edited by Marmite!!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Lovely Pics CW ! Oh to live in the countryside mate ! What mileage did you clock up on the round trip ? Sometimes wish I loved more MPG efficient MV's than I do ! Can't have em all though til the jackpot comes my way that is ! :-D Thanks for posting !

Hi Andy,about 230 i think well wurth the effort.i dont think the lads there would mind if you went in your car to be honest,sure you would get a lift for the rd run.there a great bunch.Your trip out on the boat delayed broke again,know more after compression test on saterday..cheers CW.

I see Borat in his Kazakistan Riot Squad uniform and a chap who once banged the drums for the best rock 'n roll group in the country..............

and of course Patweazle :-D

I guess the rest are to young Richard .

eveshamrally064.jpg

This Gentleman fought with the Polish underground for 5 yrs.He gave us a talk about his life under Hitller,i found the story of how his parents had to sell there house to buy out of prison the younger son,thereby condeming the older one to death.he was shot the next day ,its difficult to comprehend such a thing.we all know these things were happening but when someone who was there tells you its a totally different thing.he is 88.i am sure Paul can fill in more about this remarkable man,who lost everthing.:cry:

Yes, that is Major Darek Celinski, who was only recognised recently and awarded the Officers Cross, Order of Resurrected Poland.

At the age of 19 he ended up fighting for the Polish underground for 5 years. As Catweazle said, Darek lost his 14 year old brother & another later was gased. He also had to leave his Polish wife & daughter behind.

In his slide presentation he showed some paperwork to include a list of 200 Polish names that was published monthly & if any German was killed then the next 200 would be killed, thousands were killed for no reason.

To try and stave off a second Soviet invasion they fought for 63 days in cellars, and sewers, often with just knives. Forced to surrender to the Germans on the other front, Darek and his compatriots expected to be killed. He was held in a Nazi prison camp in Bavaria for eight months, when he lived on soup made from rotten vegetables.

He still remembers clearly when General Patton's Third Army arrived to liberate them. The camp's commandant had marched forward to greet the Americans under a white flag, before being gunned down by the SS for admitting defeat.

Freed, he joined the Polish Corps of the British Army in Italy, where he helped to rebuild the country's infrastructure.

After finally going into exile in England, the pain continued. In 1966 his Mother was dying in Poland, he wanted to visit but as they were now under Communist rule he was told that if he did he would be arrested & unable to return to England.

Now married to his second wife & has only recently been able to return to Poland to see his daughter.

His presentation certainly brought tears to my eyes!

eveshamrally059.jpg

Here is Dareks wife on the way to see the fireworks,complete with plate of grub,gawd bless her.

Darek in the background,i wonder what he thinks about it all,i know the watch tower pulled him up for a moment.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)