German Section

DCLI

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Ich moechte Ihre Tochter bitte in die Scheune mitnehmen.

("I'd like to take your daughter into the barn."

HOW useful was my Civil Service Linguist (Army) qualification???)

p.s. why does the forum clock say 01.54.04 pm when it's ten to five?

• 1 year later...

Just to tell - I was taught to always write German in CAPITAL LETTERS! German is not spoken, its yelled.

Most important and the only one you'll ever need: "EIN HEFE WEIZEN, BITTE SCHÖN!". If you want it really fast you have to add "ZAK ZAK!!", and if you want to be abusive add "DRECKSAU!".

By using these words I have survived here about two years now. Also learned the "DRECKSAU" should be used less unless you want to have your beer thrown at your face... Took me about a year to realize that.

Just to tell - I was taught to always write German in CAPITAL LETTERS! German is not spoken, its yelled.

Most important and the only one you'll ever need: "EIN HEFE WEIZEN, BITTE SCHÖN!". If you want it really fast you have to add "ZAK ZAK!!", and if you want to be abusive add "DRECKSAU!".

By using these words I have survived here about two years now. Also learned the "DRECKSAU" should be used less unless you want to have your beer thrown at your face... Took me about a year to realize that.

But a lot of free beer? :cool2: