Leyland Martian Gallery

• 2 weeks later...
hi anyone know what a recovery martian is worth its complete wants a clean up and a bit of paint but all working and is very reliable oh and its also a diesel

not many of these turn up so i want an idea what its worth

thanks chris

Which diesel engine ?

Not sure of breed of engine as just saw it parked up in a yard and on the grill it said diesel but that was it i have yet to return to have a look just wanted an idea of what they go for, as the guy may want daft money for it and as i said i have never seen one for sale before to put a ruff price on it

thanks chris

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure of breed of engine as just saw it parked up in a yard and on the grill it said diesel but that was it i have yet to return to have a look just wanted an idea of what they go for, as the guy may want daft money for it and as i said i have never seen one for sale before to put a ruff price on it

thanks chris

I sold mine about 9 years ago for £6500 Perkins 540 V8 truck was very clean.

its all up in the air at the moment but might be trading in a leyland martian recovery vehicle it is in very good condition and would be for sale it is in near army condition and has not been knocked about modified except for rear lights and paint work cab tin work good lots of history can only sell to good home thats condition of current owner any one interested

how much is it do you have pics?

• 1 month later...
anyone know if the gear ratios in a recovery martian are different to others or are they all slow as i think i may have got one

I think the ratios are the same over the range of models, but don't forget that the Recovery is about 8 tons heavier than the Artillery tractor in unladen state. A 6.5 litre petrol engine driving a 22 ton truck, it is not going to be swift.

sit and enjoy after a long night travelling form barrow in furness to the isle of mull we picked up a couple of soveneirs most people bring back a key ring or a post car or some even manage to get a spoon with a picture on it

but oh no not me and r kid we go the whole hoggggggg!!!!

041.jpg

048.jpg

040.jpg

043.jpg

047.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

039.jpg

046.jpg

054.jpg

Picture_0142.jpg

053.jpg

056.jpg

Picture_0184.jpg

Picture_0139.jpg

055.jpg

DCP_0767.jpg

DCP_0768.jpg

052.jpg

anyone know if the gear ratios in a recovery martian are different to others or are they all slow as i think i may have got one

All the same, 14.9:1 overall in top, 190.4:1 in bottom. Standard tyre size was 15.00 x 20. Most had a brass plate with a warning not to exceed (32?)mph as the transfer box could develop a serious vibration.

• 2 weeks later...