Bart Vanderveen award - a few words.

Jack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His reaction and chewing gum projectile will remain in my memory for a long while

Same here............:rofl: Its been a long time since I've seen anyone as supprised/stunned/shocked, as Jack was at that moment.............and he couldn't understand why HE was being awarded it,.................a true messure of the man, even at that time he was saying he'd done nothing,.......the forum members were the ones that should be praised,...........Jack, if you'd not taken the chance and formed HMVF,.........the forum, and the meetings of so many folks at shows etc, would not have happened.

to you, and all forum dwellers,..........cheers for a BRILLIANT week.

Andy

one again well done jack . u simply opend the door of the club house for us all to come in out of the cold and bring so many people together who woulant noramaly meet .. me being one if it wasent for HMVF i would never have made the trip down to war and peace on my own

and have such a brilliant weekend as i did with GRITINEYE also thank u to other people who put so much into HMVF to make it wot it is

P.S thanks for the tea jack was nice to meet u

Lee's description of events says it all.But me, being me, I'll add my perspective.

I was at Hendon to do the Lancaster book launch when who should appear but Mr Pat Ware. We ate as much of the buffet as we could and enjoyed a bimble round the museum with James and Roger. It was there that Pat said he wanted to nominate Jack for the 08' Bart and I was quite amazed. But the caveate was we had to get Jack to Beltring. This is why I involved Lee. I'd asked for contacts via Joris and the other mods to reach Anne and Lee and I even had our lads trying to get thru to the junior Becketts via MSN. In the end Lee and Ian made the journey to Jack's - just for this purpose - God bless them.

It all turned out well.

HMVF has changed my life. I've never been one for clubs and committees and so on and am a happy refusenik. I have always saluted the organisers and people who make events and good stuff happen. But in my experience many good things get clouded in politics and can sometimes become negative. Thus far we have managed to avoid a lot of this on HMVF and are growing stronger by the day. This strength is not about running things and being 'in charge' - it's about common purpose and belief. We're all equal and all have a valid and valued opinion.

We've built our virtual and entirely silly club house and evolved our "rule book" - we are nothing short of a positive influence. There are no cliques and no clubs within a club (with exception of the firemen, perhaps). This is a happy place.

For this we have to thank Jack. He's a shy, retiring, modest, big headed show off - a mouth on a stick. He's got more front than Sainsburys. He's a total spanner. He's one of the most generous and genuine people I've ever met.The tosser. I quite like him.

Now we keep going. Do your own thing and join in when YOU want. HMVF is as big and as silly as you want it to be. It can be serious and it must always be educational.

We must never lose sight of what we care about.

In closing James and I send greeting and best wishes to our friend Ashley Bridger. It's the future of the hobby that counts.

MB

Edited by Snapper
typo

well done to you jack!!

next year i am going to have to get along to meet up with the HMVF lot because even tho i was there i was miles out of the way lol

but it just shows that from little acorns and all that jazz lol

Guys.......I missed it. SORRY. But what a great result and a fitting end to the show. Personally, I think that HMVF works because no one takes themselves too seriously and most are willing to muck in. I have found the site a great source of info and friends.

Sincere thanks to Jack (I thought you were older) and the people behind the scenes. I know how much effort it takes to run something like this.

David

well done to you jack!!

next year i am going to have to get along to meet up with the HMVF lot because even tho i was there i was miles out of the way lol

but it just shows that from little acorns and all that jazz lol

Most of the forum was in Americas Field, next year as well as setting up for the "Regulars" I will be setting up an official HMVF area, I will start a thread on this in the new year for anyone who wants to put their name down for space...

Most of the forum was in Americas Field, next year as well as setting up for the "Regulars" I will be setting up an official HMVF area, I will start a thread on this in the new year for anyone who wants to put their name down for space...

ah good idea i was in little monktons in the back end of beyond lol but next year i will have another landy with me lol

CW I can recommend the field near the exit of Mcarthur gate We only started going there last year as the Americas field was fully taped off when we arrived the Saturday before the show starts ! Think people must live there all year round to secure a place :-D ! It is a fair trek to the stalls but all the convoys drive around it at night and its far away from the noisy chopper ! Cant wait to go again next year ! Andy !

Andy (lee endfield) and i chatted about this idea, but it seems all of us travel to the show alone or with our regular friend/groups, and in the past have enjoyed friends company on different areas of the site to include many of the the European visitors includind a very nice Dutch couple this year.

If a HMVF area was created i am sure i would use it but in the Americas field you are never far from a HMVF`er

Ashley

Edited by ashley

As a thought - could we set up a HMVF gathering area for after show hours revelries as well as advertising the forum to the public during the day??? Maybe one or two vehicles on it on a rota basis so that no one leaves the groups they usually travel/stay with for long??????

Reckon Jack could come up with a couple of tents or such... :):):)

Edited by ArtistsRifles

As a thought - could we set up a HMVF gathering area for after show hours revelries

We had one Neil... most of HMVF that came to the show were over most nights but you didn't pop in... didn't you hear Catweazle:coffee::coffee:

Nope - couldn't hear Catweazle over the helicopter!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously mate - didn't realize your area was acting as the HMVF gathering point else I'd have tried to get over. As it was - after a day of walking around the show I spent every night collapsed in a chair with throbbing feet!! :-( :-(

Seriously mate - didn't realize your area was acting as the HMVF gathering point

I didn't either... we came back to find squatters moved in each evening....ALL welcome again next year :-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
We had one Neil... most of HMVF that came to the show were over most nights but you didn't pop in... didn't you hear Catweazle:coffee::coffee:

Made the show for us,great hospitality.an awful lot of you didnt show your faces though.no names but there were some i really expected to show up and never did.Oh well nowt as queer as folk.