Museum of Army Transport, Beverley

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Block no ten

I could not believe it when I heard that Beverly was closing, living in Lincoln it was a nice run out and when you were in the museum which I thought was laid out really well, if you had a enquirey about any of the vehicles you could sure of a enthusiast answer ,where ever the vehs are now they will not as good as in Beverly !The pics were excellent but sad, it was a shame.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the mine cabbed Bedford RL water tanker that was used by the UN as a fire tender at Nicossia airport ended up? There is a picture of it in the third batch of photos posted by Snapper on 19 June 2008 of vehicles being removed from the Beverley site (See the first page of this thread).

• 5 years later...

From what I know of the move most of the vehicles got separated between the REME museum; such as the 101 6 cylinder and powered trailer and cuthbertson conversion. The National Motor Museum: guy ant and pink panther. The rest went into storage which was later moved to the tank museum at bovi until a new home can be found. I was there the summer it all arrived and was amazed at how well looked after all the vehicles seemed. I recognize many from your photographs!

Many of this once unique collection have now ended up in private hands - some legitimately and some not quite as transparently as one would hope. Sadly it is unlikely that we will ever see the like of the Museum of Army Transport again. Unless I win the Euromillions that is!

• 4 months later...

Having never seen this museum, only having seen some of this exhibits in there new homes.

I have to ask does anyone know what happened to, or who has the following vehicles? (Following link to pictures)

Talbot Ambulance EG3506

Talbot Ambulance EG3506

The Foden/Pyrene riot control van

Foden/Pyrene Riot Control Van Water Cannon

The Leyland Retriever workshop van

Leyland Retriever with Machinery/Workshop Body

It would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...