The Eagle Has Landed ..............

Jack

Best get your cheque book out then; lots of miles to cover. The filming locations for The Eagle Has Landed were;

Charlestown, Cornwall.

(For Alderney)

Mapledurham, Berkshire, England, UK

(Studley Constable)

and: Finland

and I expect they've all changed since filming ceased in 1976.

When you going?

Best get your cheque book out then; lots of miles to cover. The filming locations for The Eagle Has Landed were;

Charlestown, Cornwall.

(For Alderney)

Mapledurham, Berkshire, England, UK

(Studley Constable)

and: Finland

and I expect they've all changed since filming ceased in 1976.

When you going?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really want go to see that village, think we should start a mission forum where we can take 'then' and 'now' pictures 8)

I have seen the Hilman utility (or rather the remains of it) that was blown up in one scene. not sure if it's been scrapped but it was around three years ago.

Matt.

I have seen the Hilman utility (or rather the remains of it) that was blown up in one scene. not sure if it's been scrapped but it was around three years ago.

Matt.

Hey Matt.

Guess what I am going to ask you next :roll: .........

Oh hell,me and my big mouth :roll: if it still survives it's only the front end and some panels from the rear,they blew it up for the film so it's beyond restoration,the remains fit on a pallet.

I can give you details if you REALLY want it! (if it's still there).is this blog #7?

Matt.

Hi Fellas...i know the owner and the whereabouts of the Jeep that crashed into the pond.....

It resides in Northamptonshire and owned by Tony Robinson...

Regards

Lloyd

Hi mate.

Can you get any pictures of it.......?

Hello from Finland to everyone...the winter stuff of the film was shot here, I quess it was in Rovaniemi near the Arctic Circle. One of the steam locomotives used should be still around, so if somebody is interested... it' s 150 tons of steel, and it wasn't harmed during the filming. Actually the locos used were post-war Finnish and not pre-war German, but they never get these railway things right in film industry. If memory serves me right there was a German assault gun loaded on the train, that might well have been the real thing and not something made out of plywood. The Finnish army had quite a few Sturmgeschuetz tanks and some were still used (immobile) in airfield protection in 60's and 70's.

Arthur

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Baldrick...silly...... :shock:

Tony Robinson used to own Robinsons Garage in Burton Latimer near Kettering.....that was my first ever jeep ride and remember him telling me the history of his jeep.

Will try to locate a picture or its current whereabouts

Regards

Lloyd