Charging Set 80 watts

Greenjacket

• 7 years later...

Many thanks fot this manual,

it is very helpful for me as i am restoring one .

Turning the crank by hand ( cylinder haed removed) , i note a remarkable sound from the alternator.

I note some backlash on the bearing next to the pulley, is that the same at yours?

Regards,

Herman.

• 2 years later...

Appreciate that this i very old topic....

Ive got one of these and have a few issues with it.

The gene wiring looks to have been tampered with and im not convinced its been connected to the front board correctly.

Whilst the engine appears to have compression and can be turned by hand, i have been unable to get it started.

Ive noted that the spark plug has been changed to a quite modern one so is definitely not an original stumpy miniture plug, so does anyone know what make, maodel, number plug should go into it.

There is however a spark to the plug and the engine does not start, fuel to the carb confirmed, carb has been cleaned.

Im no mechanic by any means and may be missing the glaringly obvious somewhere.

Does anyone know where to source some detailed images / manuals or the likes that show:

A wiring diagram

Parts list

And a source for spares.

Many thanks in advanced for any info.

1 hour ago, REME 245 said:

As for a source for spares, you buy another one and break it.   Normally a few on e-bay.

If you're _very_ lucky you can find the "Case, Spare Parts" for the beast, which contains spare valves, gaskets, spark plug and ignition lead, shims, and a few tools. Most of them have been looted of contents, though.

Progress of sorts...

After replacing the HT Lead, had a look at the carb. This is where i suspect there is a problem.

Its had a throttle lever attached, got a weeping leak from the bottom and float was stuck.

After cleaning it up, im not convinced its actually complete, but with no parts list very difficult for me (at least) to tell.

Cleaned the points up though in fairness they werent dirty at all and theres a good spark.

My next move was spark plug out a few drops of petrol down the hole, replace plug and upon cranking a very smokey and brief attempt to run when turned over.

I may have another tinker this morning as i feel it could be a carb/ fuel issue and not much else.... hopefully.