Morris Commercial gallery

Rick W

This Morris-Commercial was offered to me some 5 years ago.

Who knows where it is now?

Why didn't you buy it Hanno ? Looks to be a good starting point . You should see the wrecks here ... they are all totally stuffed ..to the stage of being good for parts only . I would jump at the chance to buy a CS8 in that condition .

Mike

Are you lot telling me you wouldn't be GENTLEMEN and help her out? :shocked:

Hogan's heroes was one of those 6:15 pm half hour proggrames on ITV after the six o'clock news. At that time the main bullitin was only fifteen minutes, not twenty four hours of repetion as now. Two other proggrames of the time in a similar genre were 'Combat' and 'Garrison's Gorillas'. Schultz was played by namesake John Banner.

Edited by Tony B

This Morris-Commercial was offered to me some 5 years ago.

Who knows where it is now?

Ah yes.. Well I actually bought that one and it's now living out here in Italy. I saw it on Milweb and lost no time flying out to see it. The gentleman selling it was a really nice bloke, a genuine East Ender wheeler dealer, and he lived in this amazing place down on the Devonshire coast. He said that a previous owner used it as a breakdown lorry for cars that couldn't make it up Porlock Hill. Getting it back to Italy was a pain, because it had been stripped to quite an extent (read fell apart), and although it doesn't look bad in the photo, it needs alot of work. Unfortunately, restoration is at a standstill for the moment, but it will get it's turn as soon as the WOT2 and the Fox are up and running. And the James. And the 'Flea. And the C15..

Hope, of course, springs eternal!

All the Best,

Stef

The photos below are how I found it, and when I'd finally got it loaded up

IMG_0565_1_1_1_1.JPG

IMG_0566_1_1_1_1_1_1.JPG

IMG_0568_1_1_1_1_1_1.JPG

IMG_0856_1_1_1_1_1_1.JPG

I think this truck used to belong to Terry Till in Near Preston in Lancashire? Nice looking motor, sat on milweb for some time I recall

kind regards

nick

It did indeed.

I bought it from Terry and rallied it for a couple of years, it was a nice motor but not very practical, especially given the rain we experience in Lancashire!!

Ah yes.. Well I actually bought that one and it's now living out here in Italy.
Hi Stef,

Good to hear it ended up at a good home!

Here´s some background: the first picture I posted shows the CS8 around the turn of the century, the one below shows the same truck in 2003 in a partly dismantled state ready for restoration. It must have been shortly after this point you stepped in and bought it.

Regards,

Hanno

dscf0021_0002-resized.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There are some great picture,s in this thread.

Thru this link you wil see some nice picture,s of an 1/35 scalemodel of an Morris CDSW Light Breakdown Lorry and some nice picture,s of the real vehicle:

http://www.plusmodel.cz/gallery/276/HTML/

I have this kit together with an 1/35 scalemodel of an Morris C9B with AA Bofors.

Grtz!

Boely.

Edited by boely

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...