eBay - DC-3/C-47

Jack

Not landing though..............have to keep it authentic :)

Very good point!

So far then, we have the pilot and co pilot sorted. We don't have to land in Normandy. What other problems are there that need thinking about?

I do hope this will be EU OPS-1 compliant with liferafts, oxygen masks and door slides................:-D

Dakman where art thou??

Give me a C46 Commando - twice the load lifter and pressurised for comfort. Just what one needs before taking to the door over Europe:shake:

Edited by Mark

I will start cyphoning money out the joint account now!!!I have just spend the most amazing hour of my life passing over the landing beaches of Normandy in a DC3 and really can't believe I will never be able to do it again.RIP DC3

Daren

Really??? on 4th May, it was about £1.55 a litre at Lydd Airport.......Biggin Hill was a little more

See http://www.thehangar.co.uk/fuel/fuel.shtml for current prices.

I too thought that Avgas was cheap, but obviously not. I assume there must be some high rate of duty in line with road fuel which does not apply to jet fuel.

Does Avgas still use lead to achieve the high octane, or am I living in the past? :???

Mike

What a fantastic opportunity to purchase a bit of history!

If we lived in the USA it would be well worth owning, but not over here. Far too many rules, regs, our cost of fuel and maintenance, not to mention the cost of getting it home!

A wonderful pipe-dream all the same - Especially to finish it off in 437th Troop Carrier Group Markings, 9th Air Force, who flew from Ramsbury, Wiltshire.

Jack your a star for finding it. Now lets sort out the issue of financing it!

I will start cyphoning money out the joint account now!!!I have just spend the most amazing hour of my life passing over the landing beaches of Normandy in a DC3 and really can't believe I will never be able to do it again.RIP DC3

Daren

got to agree with Darren on that one as I was on the very next Normandy flight out of Jersey and as he told me after he got off that pilot knew exactly what everyone wanted ,it is hard to appreciate the sheer area covered by the mulberry harbour at Arromanches the true scale of the American cemetry or the terrifying open space of Omaha until you have seen them from 1800 feet up so if you can get up in a dak before it is too late do it you will not regret it

Nigel