wow id love this one

Now in Carlisle, the wrecking gear was cut off and a ballast body refitted,

this has since been removed and Holmes wrecking gear refitted.

the easy way to spot this one through the years are the two large weights

welded into the front bumper.

i have seen it in blue, red (at the dorset steam fair) then green when in Essex

and now yellow

All the best

Steve

S1TPM

IMG00019-20100711-1107.jpg

IMG00020-20100711-1107.jpg

IMG00021-20100711-1107.jpg

Thanks John

I will have to think hard about this one.... I think this would have had civilian gauge, but they might have been change during its post war millitary usage in Norway.

I have seen it running and driving, back in 95 (when I was child and could stand underneath its front wings), and the valve was the reason it got parked.

Its by the way chassis number 00007

Hi,

may i suggest

go to UK ebay, by the Hercules Petrol engine for 875 GBP Sterling, fit it and drive it home,

easy to do and would make a great story

cheers

Steve

MaccDT

hi, i think that blue diamond wrecker was once owned by graham booth, and had a leyland 680 in it, i have not heard from gra for ages i hope alls well with him, all the best tony g.

Hi Tony. Yes Graham is still around, doing a rebuild on EGG, which I think he said he was hoping to take to the Model truck Show at Gaydon June 8th & 9th this year, thats if he can get the Volvo in, he is also planning to take EGG to Dorset again this year, he was missing last year, as he was working in South Africa.

Hope all is well with you.

Regards Dick

Edited by dizzy-t

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, have just returned from the uk and made a trip to essex to scavenge a few pieces from a diamond that now is just a wreck. i clearly remember trevor williams using this old girl and it is such a pity that it has ended up like this. the chap who has it now is quite accomadating and is willing to sell anything off it for a price, the photos include the diamond as it was after conversion by dial holmes, the crane on it is holmes 750 and before sawfords of maidenhead bought it it was changed to a w45 gear from a diamond t 969, the eight tyres on the rear are all good and all the same pattern, i think for 500 pounds they will be sold, hope of interest, tony g.

Diamond Essex 1.jpg

Diamond Essex 2.jpg

Diamond Essex 3.jpg

Albert Carters' Diamond.jpg

hi all, have just returned from the uk and made a trip to essex to scavenge a few pieces from a diamond that now is just a wreck. i clearly remember trevor williams using this old girl and it is such a pity that it has ended up like this. the chap who has it now is quite accomadating and is willing to sell anything off it for a price, the photos include the diamond as it was after conversion by dial holmes, the crane on it is holmes 750 and before sawfords of maidenhead bought it it was changed to a w45 gear from a diamond t 969, the eight tyres on the rear are all good and all the same pattern, i think for 500 pounds they will be sold, hope of interest, tony g.

Sad to see an old girl like this, I am wondering if its possible to get a sign which say DIAMOND T, everybody seems to have them, but have never seen one for sale, this would look good with my colelction of Resin T models.

Sad to see an old girl like this, I am wondering if its possible to get a sign which say DIAMOND T, everybody seems to have them, but have never seen one for sale, this would look good with my colelction of Resin T models.

Try ebay.COM instead of co.uk Dick. It's the US ebay they come up on there from time to time. I have a pair that I got from there as well as other parts for my T'S

Diamond T folks might like to take a peek at the pictures of the cab and firewall currently undergoing work in the Big Shed...

Pics are here:

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/RustyTrucks/library/#/user/RustyTrucks/library/Diamond%20T%20Cab%20Restoration?page=1&_suid=136526578467905539727205273426

I am also just about to fabricate a set of front mudguards and I will post pics in the same album in due course.

Try ebay.COM instead of co.uk Dick. It's the US ebay they come up on there from time to time. I have a pair that I got from there as well as other parts for my T'S

Thanks Stephen. Which catagory would they be in?.

Regards Dick

Nice work, my there is some hours and patience put in by you! I look forward to the pictures of the mudguards you are to make.

Diamond T folks might like to take a peek at the pictures of the cab and firewall currently undergoing work in the Big Shed...

Pics are here:

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/RustyTrucks/library/#/user/RustyTrucks/library/Diamond%20T%20Cab%20Restoration?page=1&_suid=136526578467905539727205273426

I am also just about to fabricate a set of front mudguards and I will post pics in the same album in due course.

I've got a pair of new front wings made by a company in Manchester. They are realy good but bl**dy expensive.

They are big beggars and thick too - I know how much I am charging and its quite a lot for sure. That said there is about 100 quids worth of steel in them even before I pick up the hammer fine adjusting.

That said its the sort of thing that makes a restoration and at the moment I think you can be confident that you can add the price to the value of your Dizzy.

But then I would say that wouldnt I??!!

They are big beggars and thick too - I know how much I am charging and its quite a lot for sure. That said there is about 100 quids worth of steel in them even before I pick up the hammer fine adjusting.

That said its the sort of thing that makes a restoration and at the moment I think you can be confident that you can add the price to the value of your Dizzy.

But then I would say that wouldnt I??!!

Have you any ideas where I could find a cab.....or a body for that matter?

Best regards,

James.

I just etched a new battery warning plate for the M20, does anybody know if this should have red or the standard matt black infill color? The fuel plates in the battery box are red , the warning plates in a DUKW are also red , so who knows?P1010017.jpg

James

If you manage to find anybody breaking a Diamond T wrecker I've been looking for a rear body for my 969 for about a year now. Rex Cadman over in the South East has a complete 969 for breaking but I didn't have the space currently for a complete truck as well as all the other vehicles I have here at the moment.

Regards

Andy Norman

I just etched a new battery warning plate for the M20, does anybody know if this should have red or the standard matt black infill color? The fuel plates in the battery box are red , the warning plates in a DUKW are also red , so who knows?[ATTACH=CONFIG]75659[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]75659[/ATTACH]

These look good how did you do them or.... are you able to do a few extra to sell? Thanks David

The hedge hogging Diamond 969, possibly the oldest surviving, Chassis number 00007 have now been save by a couple of my friends and been transported to it new home where it will be restored. It is complet but some of the parts where removed some years ago when it dropped a valve seat.

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0860.jpg