• 3 weeks later...

There is a tail that the owner of one heavy haulage firm had been following a convoy of T's when he saw skid marks on the road. He diceided that after the war he had to get some. Unfortunatley though a well known firm I can't remember the name.

There is a tail that the owner of one heavy haulage firm had been following a convoy of T's when he saw skid marks on the road. He diceided that after the war he had to get some. Unfortunatley though a well known firm I can't remember the name.
I think that would be Wynns Heavy Haulage and it was H.P Wynn the M.D at the time ! Great company with a great history but sadly no more !

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you guys may or may not be aware that the T is my number one subject and has been a favourite since my childhood, since then i have gathered as much as i can on the subject even to the point of writing a book with Robin Pearson as many will know. During the course of putting the book together the research became quite intense and a lot of material was gathered some of which we did not use due to space limitations and all that stuff so as and when i get time i will share some of it with you guys. To fire off here is a 1950s post war 981 in the middle east towing the Dyson50 ton trailer loaded with a sexton

hmvf4.jpg

I think that would be Wynns Heavy Haulage and it was H.P Wynn the M.D at the time ! Great company with a great history but sadly no more !

You can normally tell an ex wynns Diamond T.

Wynns worked them so hard the worm drive forced its way out off the axle case, shearing of studs on the way. Most ex Wynns Diamond T's have the Worm drive diff welded into the axle case, to help the sutds take the strain.