it will be joining lots of other scammells in the scammell shed

45t chain drive

pioneer

amazon

65t highwayman

65t detroit crusader

crusader eka ex fvrde

a little bit of watford lives on in northamptonshire :-D

Hi Ben, has it survived its return to work without any major issues? I remember the day that Debbie from DCs and myself picked it up from Market Rasen in about 1990, supposedly with a seized engine but it started up first go. I really must make the effort to come and inspect the fleet one day.

Edited by radiomike7

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if this is the right section to post this up, but, heres just a little picture of our garage as it stood a couple of years ago, KVN 860E is still with us but the Super on the right is now in the hands of Somerscales.

Is KVN ex Sunters, I remember 447 DPY but not that one??

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
hey people look wot i found out and about on my travles i cant disclose the location on the open forum as it mite get me into a lot of trouble but i thort i better do my bit queen country and scammell if any one wants to know the little information on its location please PM me

This baby is now on the road and was photographed for the CCMV photo site ! Will try and get permission to show the picture here ! :D

Thanks for posting Andy, do you know if this old girl has a new owner as she has been advertised for sale for some time through the Scammell Register ?

Sorry John , don't know the owner but hopefully he'll give a lick of paint in the not too distant future to keep the dreaded rust away ! :-D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Really getting fed up with the lack of a lottery win :-D ! Hope she finds a good home John ! ;)http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/large_image.php?ad=64199&cat=4

New home found Andy, She has gone to the ever increasing Scammell gathering in Warwickshire,The to be Mr and Mrs 'Deputy' have bought her, to add to their Explorer's.

Deputy, shortened video by my daughter as promised:thumbsup:

hi all, going through some photos this weekend i found these i took in the mid eighties at horseshoe green garage at cowden near edenbridge kent, the owner also had an explorer the crane of which ended up on the constructor. the constructor had the meadows petrol replaced with a leyland 680 power plus, it was in beautiful condition and on the inside drivers door was a hand painted figure of robin hood, presumably the truck belonged to the sherwood foresters. not long after i took the pictures the constructor was sold and disappeared and the explorer was cut up, perhaps someone out there knows of its whereabouts, i believe the owner retired and the garage closed, hope of interest, tony g.

scan0013.jpg

scan0012.jpg

• 3 weeks later...