Scammell Constructor Gallery.

That may well be my mistake. I knew it was a Rolls, but was new to this game then! I know I have to head up to his part of the world in June, so I'll try to call in and get the chassis no. and a few pics if he still has it. If I get a chance before, then I'll do it sooner. Cheers. Daz

Chassis was 9281 and the C6 Rolls is essentially the basis of the Eagle.

FINALLY I've found the :argh::argh::argh: photos! Knew theywere here somewhere.

Well worth the wait. Thank you very much for posting these brilliant pictures.

It'll be interesting to find out if this Constructor is still surviving and, whether or not, it's the same one that Radiomike once owned.

Dont know where this was taken

Is that the same reg.no. as the Constructor in post 379 ?

FV11301, Thank you for a timely and interesting post, Reg No. is HFO 990 on both lorries.

CCF23012009_00001.jpg

Bowles1-2.jpg

Edited by 6 X 6

do you own them?

Yes, I do. You may well have owned one of the two Explorers, one green, one sand coloured, that were also present. I remember

it being a beautiful summers day the highlight of which was when an army driver in a Bedford MK accidentally reversed into, and knocked down, quite a large tree in full view of a large crowd in the main arena area. A big cheer went up. Top stuff.

Is that the same reg.no. as the Constructor in post 379 ?

FV11301, Thank you for a timely and interesting post, Reg No. is HFO 990 on both lorries.

CCF23012009_00001.jpg

Thanks FV11301, that is definitely my old one, I spent hours making those bonnet side panels and collecting parts for it including 11 brand new tyres.

Daz, it hasn't had a rear body removed, it is a fifth wheel tractor and just the subframe and fifth wheel have been removed.

Yes, I do. You may well have owned one of the two Explorers, one green, one sand coloured, that were also present. I remember

it being a beautiful summers day the highlight of which was when an army driver in a Bedford MK accidentally reversed into, and knocked down, quite a large tree in full view of a large crowd in the main arena area. A big cheer went up. Top stuff.

I owned the green one what was there. It was a great day from what I remember:-D

Here is an even rarer Constructor which I owned for about 3 years. Its now at Kibworth !!!

Which I understand to have been last used for recovering artic dumpers on beach sand rebuilding work near Blackpool (hence the condition). Is that anywhere correct?

That is fascinating, Antar. Any more information on these prototypes?

Tony, there is a good picture of one in Tugs of War reg. RGX 378, it is listed as FV12105 and has the same bumper, swept back front arches and rear lockers as the FV12102 30t tractor like my old one.

Which I understand to have been last used for recovering artic dumpers on beach sand rebuilding work near Blackpool (hence the condition). Is that anywhere correct?

That is correct only it was Southport, yes the cab is ofset.