Scammell Constructor Gallery.

Ted owned YSV 865 for about twelve years having bought it from a showman and, with Steve Guest, converted it into a snow plough powered by a Gardner 150. Ted has many amusing stories relating to his experiences while clearing the local main roads with this Constructor. What with blinding snow blowing horizontally across the windscreen and the flashing orange light giving a sort of strobe effect Ted said it was hard to sense where up and down was never mind left and right.

A rear view of the same lorry after Ted sold it and it had been returned to being more military looking. At this stage the lorry still had the special towing bracket, fabricated by Steve Guest, that allowed Ted to hitch up to the big (100 ton ?) trailer one sees at GDSF. This towing bracket has now been removed and replaced the correct type very kindly given to the owner by that incorrigible Scammell enthusiast and all round nice bloke, yep, Steve Guest.

YSV 865 as it looks today.

Tom, if you mean the ex-Pickfords trailer TM 413 it is rated at 200 tons.

"Ted said it was hard to sense where up and down was never mind left and right."

We always call him "Tickover Ted" everthing had to be done at Tickover according to Ted, so I reckon he had plenty of time to work out his left from his right....Anyone going to post "the piccy" of Ted being overtaken by a steam roller?

But do we know where it is now and whether it is being repaired/restored or broken for spares ?
Does anyone know where this picture was taken. I bought the front end of an Albion (Arfur) from a firm called Crouch Recovery in Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire. I believe it was him that cut it in half and sold the rear axles. If it is the same person; he had several WD HD 23N Albions laying around his property. Some were in a really bad state. It was a pity he didn't sell the axles off of the N's he had and kept the 'S' complete. :-(

Does anyone know where this picture was taken. I bought the front end of an Albion (Arfur) from a firm called Crouch Recovery in Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire. I believe it was him that cut it in half and sold the rear axles. If it is the same person; he had several WD HD 23N Albions laying around his property. Some were in a really bad state. It was a pity he didn't sell the axles off of the N's he had and kept the 'S' complete. :-(

I took photo at Crouch's second yard, Well secure compound, about five miles from his main yard in Kibworth, but don't ask me exactly where, I just followed David's directions...

1955 petrol engined Constructor UVS 149, ex Barry Overton, ex Paul Rhodes, having it's body lifted off prior to restoration work. In the rear body space on the other Constructor (YFO 311 or YVS 865) is a spare Meadows engine that

came with UVS and has just been transshipped from UVS. These 'photos were taken about four years ago.

sc00721849.jpg

sc0072349e.jpg

sc00724107.jpg

Edited by 6 X 6

Don't know about the others,

Thanks, Tony

What others ? There's only you and Major Fowler looking at this stuff. I've told you before, apart from you and Andy all of the other so called "forum members" are actually computer generated software programs designed to behave like real people. It's all controlled by this massive mainframe server code name "Jack" at a secret location somewhere in Dorset. Anyway, just for you and Andy, the posts now have captions. Regards, Tom

I have this workshop down as a long wheelbase Mountaineer, info tells me it was built as a repair vehicle and compressor vehicle for one of the Middle east pipeline projects

Priceless photographs Les, thank you very much for sharing them with us.

Yours truly leaning on the front mudguard of the ex John Riley Constructor, PSU 439, with it's then owner, the irrepressible Bernie Jones, hanging around on the back. This 'photo was taken about 6-7 years ago at one of those wartime theme railway events. Sorry, I can't remember where, though I do remember how glamorous all the women looked in their 1940's style fashions and hairdos. Why don't they dress like that all the time ?

sc000b770f.jpg

the location wouldant happen to be severn vally railway kiderminster would it ?

You're absolutely right Younggun, it was Kidderminster. I know you can tell the location by studying the trees in the background of the photograph. It was an excellent event with a lot to see. Bernie had towed a WW11 anti-aircraft gun down from Manchester with the Scammell and although the AA gun had pride of place on the station forecourt, Bernie had to hide the Constructor out of

sight round the back because it was post-war. Just for you Younggun, here are two more pix taken at the same time. PSU 439 is currently owned by a well known commercial recovery operator based in Kibworth.

sc001066f2.jpg

sc00104e2b.jpg

loverly pics there 6x6 soon as a saw your 1st pic i reconized the location took me a while to figure it out that it was kiderminster . the loading pad where we normaly load rolling stock for the railway is just infront of the singnal box its not far from me