Scammell Constructor Gallery.

I wonder where that bit of film came from, real period stuff, going by the other traffic. Leaves you wanting more :)

Sorry gentlemen ! No intention to mislead anyone, just me mucking about with the black and white mode. This snippet of video is of YFO 311 and YSV 865 on the 2001 Bournemouth to Bath road run climbing Bannerdown Hill up to Colerne Airfield where the road run used to end. To me, everything looks more 1950's in B&W and therefore better.

Sorry gentlemen ! No intention to mislead anyone, just me mucking about with the black and white mode. This snippet of video is of YFO 311 and YSV 865 on the 2001 Bournemouth to Bath road run climbing Bannerdown Hill up to Colerne Airfield where the road run used to end. To me, everything looks more 1950's in B&W and therefore better.

Ahh...that explains why there were a couple of people standing opposite watching :-D.

• 3 weeks later...
09-11-2008183910.jpg

Ted Gowen owned this one, when it was pushing the Back end of the Pickford's Trailer TM413 at GDSF.

Ted owned YSV 865 for about twelve years having bought it from a showman and, with Steve Guest, converted it into a snow plough powered by a Gardner 150. Ted has many amusing stories relating to his experiences while clearing the local main roads with this Constructor. What with blinding snow blowing horizontally across the windscreen and the flashing orange light giving a sort of strobe effect Ted said it was hard to sense where up and down was never mind left and right.

sc00089df2.jpg

A rear view of the same lorry after Ted sold it and it had been returned to being more military looking. At this stage the lorry still had the special towing bracket, fabricated by Steve Guest, that allowed Ted to hitch up to the big (100 ton ?) trailer one sees at GDSF. This towing bracket has now been removed and replaced the correct type very kindly given to the owner by that incorrigible Scammell enthusiast and all round nice bloke, yep, Steve Guest.

sc0008b492.jpg

YSV 865 as it looks today.

sc00244a5a.jpg

Ted owned YSV 865 for about twelve years having bought it from a showman and, with Steve Guest, converted it into a snow plough powered by a Gardner 150. Ted has many amusing stories relating to his experiences while clearing the local main roads with this Constructor. What with blinding snow blowing horizontally across the windscreen and the flashing orange light giving a sort of strobe effect Ted said it was hard to sense where up and down was never mind left and right.

sc00089df2.jpg

A rear view of the same lorry after Ted sold it and it had been returned to being more military looking. At this stage the lorry still had the special towing bracket, fabricated by Steve Guest, that allowed Ted to hitch up to the big (100 ton ?) trailer one sees at GDSF. This towing bracket has now been removed and replaced the correct type very kindly given to the owner by that incorrigible Scammell enthusiast and all round nice bloke, yep, Steve Guest.

sc0008b492.jpg

YSV 865 as it looks today.

sc00244a5a.jpg

And what a beautifull beast she is to !!!!!!! :-D