Scammell Constructor Gallery.

As many of you will know, this is driver Stan Wass in 1955 with one of the M.o.S. Constructors. I think he was only 25 at the time this photograph was taken. Sadly, we have recently learnt that Stan passed away on 2nd November 2008.

sc001a8ea7.jpg

Edited by 6 X 6

This is the Constructor driven by my father on Christmas Island during operation Grapple ! When Britain tested her first Hydrogen bomb ! It is one of only two of this type as shown in Pat Wares great book "Tugs of War "Pg.124 ! Many thanks to N.O.S for pointing this out to me ! dadsscammellbestpic6.jpg

Hi 6X6, Before I saw the larger Constructor pic you posted I thought your avatar pic was of a chap in the back looking through a big pair of binoculars, which goes with what you say at the bottom, the I hope this was intentional as it's great!

OUCH..........

Says something for the strength of the truck when you realise it rolled twice before coming to rest as in the pic - as it went around it literally bounced on the spare tyre which sits at rear left of cab a little proud, but sadly not enough. I think it was driven home too! Damage generally limited to cab and other tinwork.

A good advert for fitting a spring brake chamber in case air is lost as in this case? Easier to do on Constructors than WLFs, but working on that one......

Hi 6X6, Before I saw the larger Constructor pic you posted I thought your avatar pic was of a chap in the back looking through a big pair of binoculars, which goes with what you say at the bottom, the I hope this was intentional as it's great!

I see what you mean but no, I'm not that clever !