Scammell Pioneer Gallery

• 4 weeks later...

Scammell ( Pioneer ? ) 4x4 RMG627 in showmans use and an in service pic from an earlier post.

I find it interesting that this still holds its original registration number from military service , unusual ?  .

rgm627a.jpg

rmg 627 aa.jpg

• Like 1

'RMG' was a Middlesex series exclusively issued to Government vehicles from about March 1939. It's not unique in having been disposed of still bearing it, but it's certainly not common and of course means that there hadn't been a wartime rebuild and loss of identity.

What a sad sight with so many gun tractor wrecks. 

I'm trying to get the dimensions of the chain locker stowage bin beneath the driver's door on the Scammell TT. I need the overall width, the height and the depth back to front. The thickness of the sides and bottom and how far it is back to the chassis at the side. The final key measurement is how far forward of the cab front it projects towards the front mudguard.

This is to complete a 3D model of the tank transporter and so I can 3D print a scale version

I'd be very grateful to any member who can supply me with these details thanks.

Stuart

The 4x4 can't be viewed.  It's owned by a member of the showmans family that used it as shown in the civvy photo.

For the other enquiry.  Is the track basket on the tank transporter the same as that on the recovery & gun tractor?  I can get photos of my R100 track basket if that helps.  Will take a week or so as I don't go down to it very often.

Sorry, I meant to say I can get measurements!  The basket is currently off the vehicle so can't get the vehicle mounting measurements.  I'm going down to see it towards the end of next week if that fits with you?

Edited by Edd

48 minutes ago, Edd said:

The 4x4 can't be viewed.  It's owned by a member of the showmans family that used it as shown in the civvy photo.

Thanks. It's great just to know it still exists, I've wondered for years if it did.