FV 434 New Toy

Clve Pemberton

Hi all

I have aquired another toy, an FV 434 from Marcus Glenn

At lease this one runs !

I cannot find any data plate in the vehicle, where should it be ?

The army reg numbers have been removed

Is there a hull number marked on a 434 ?

Any help apreciated.

Picture attached

Regards

Clive

434.jpg

Originally the plate was mounted on the upright panel in front of the gear change lever,however when they cut a hole in it to fit the night vision in they were obviously removed.On my 432 it is now mounted on the side panel on the left down below the drivers seat by the radio batteries.I must admit I've never looked on my 434 to see if it still has one but that still had its mil reg.

There must be a hull no on it although there again I've never had to look for one,but I will now out of curiosity.On a 432 it is on the left of the rear door and actually comprises the numbers of the veh reg.It,s only a small plate about half the size of a matchbox,could be covered in layers of paint.

I,ll go and have a look on mine ,you,ve got me thinking.:sweat:

DaveP

Yes Clive,there,s a small plate welded to the hull just to the left of the rear no plate lamp.However it does not resemble the veh reg in any way,mine is 42.Someone somewhere has a list of numbers to correspond that will give you the reg,maybe the Tank Museum would be a good starting point:cellphone:

Sorry can't help on the data plate,mine is missing to:(

Cheers

DaveP

ps How,s the Rapier?:-(

Dave

The Rapier has become an ornament ! I must get arround to rigging up the new fuel system

Back to the 434, the hull number has also been removed, indicated by 4 broken welds !

Does anyone else know of any further identification markings on 434's

Has it been published how many 434's were originally in service ?

Regards

Clive

Clive,

Have you tried removing paint where the number should be on the front? I found my Ferret number etched into the hull. I've also found the reg and hull no. of vehicles written, stamped, engraved and stenciled on to various removable bits. Try engine decks, battery boxes etc. It will be there somewhere!

Chris