Matador Gallery

Ex Hill of Botley (heavy Haulage) ran this O854

20-12-2007192831.jpg

I don't suppose you have any rear views of this lorry do you? I'd like to see more of the crane as the telescopic section looks like it might have come from something like a Biederman or Corbett aircraft recovery truck.

- Mike

Mike nothing odd about the white cab top, from post WW2 until very recently the majority of RAF vehicles in Cyprus had white cab tops, the same practise applied in many hot climates. I have a photo of vehicles in Khartoum in the early 1950 with complete white cabs

TED

White tops.jpg

I don't suppose you have any rear views of this lorry do you?

- Mike

A couple of slightly better views in the book "Hills of Botley" by Jack Hill/Bob Tuck, they show a home-made A frame for the jib - if I remember I'll put it in my truck for you to look at. Some great ex-military truck pics in this book, well worth a view, especially for the Antar pics.

Tony

A couple of slightly better views in the book "Hills of Botley" by Jack Hill/Bob Tuck, they show a home-made A frame for the jib - if I remember I'll put it in my truck for you to look at. Some great ex-military truck pics in this book, well worth a view, especially for the Antar pics.

Tony

I am not sure that the Tele jib is actually on the Mat, I always took it to be on a truck behind the mat????

If you click on the thumnail it blows up into a very good pic - but I can't work out how to post like the others either :confused:
The method I've been told to use is to open a free photobucket account and upload your pics to an album there then transfer the image across by copy and pasting ! Not as complicated as it sounds ! Andy F.

Something a bit different.

These were posted on Landrover Forum. I have copied the description posted with them.

Legomat.jpg

The Matador. Twin drive motors and motor driven chassis winch with folding crane jib. It can lift 1.7 kg on the crane and 2kg with the ground anchor down. has front suspension only though but can still climb walls until it falls over. It is a copy of the one I used to have on my front drive. the winch can be used ove the jib, out the fairlead rollers at the back or fed round to the front and out under the side of the cab.

mat.jpg

A (almost) exact copy of the Lancashire United Matador used for bus recovery at the Manchester Transport museum. Undriven but has a hand powered chassis winch and a fully working, twin winch Harvey Frost 8 ton crane, suspension and steering. This one was featured with the real thing at an event there a few years ago.

:-D