Plain invasion 2008

SPTA team

Thankfully the skills of Jack and joris have selvaged quite a bit of this tread. Just a quick recap on the brekkie side of the event. Who's having breakfast for the weekend, there are 50 up for grabs so lets help Dave out while he is on his holes and get a number together. This is problebly the best time to have a head count as well.

Tony

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully the skills of Jack and joris have selvaged quite a bit of this tread. Just a quick recap on the brekkie side of the event. Who's having breakfast for the weekend, there are 50 up for grabs so lets help Dave out while he is on his holes and get a number together. This is problebly the best time to have a head count as well.

Tony

Yes please 4 here me (rosemary), r cubed and 2 small ones. :) (hey I found the smilies!!!!!!!)

Tony

Yes please Chrisg 1

well im back off holiday and have discovered the problem with losing the list

as for whos down im still doing catering for 50 which was bacon sausage egg tinned toms beans mush and b&b

we were short 4 for the 50 so everyone who put their name down first time dont worry

as for the extras for sun and mon thats up to you

Tony

I'm still not ready:help:,struggled to get the truck through its annual mot,put me back a bit:whistle: and lost the plot:???,not even sure which vehicle to bring now,neither are what you may call ready to roll:red:

Going to assess the situation in the morning and draw up plan B:idea:,it can't be any worse than plan A.

All this makes going to work seem quite easy:coffee:

I,ve also been informed that we're going away for a long weekend next week:n00b:

Should be an interesting run up to the plain invasion but we,ll get there with something:cool2:

See you there about August:rofl:

DaveP

:help:Plan B has today been scrapped due to the maternal instincts of a robin and her desire to set up home in the 432/30,at least she has good taste.

So it,s back to the 434 and plan A,whatever that was:red::idea:

Looking for inspiration(and a starter) are you sure it was under the bench Tony?:rofl:

DaveP

sorry if this is already covered but what sort of driving do we actually do on this trip:

- mainly on tarmac

- mainly on level/rolling dirt tracks :sweat:

- mainly on graded off road type things :shake:

I am starting to wimp about how comfortable and/or difficult it will be if the weather is bad and I am driving wheeled armour in which I have non existent cross country skills on wet terrain.

If the forecast is bad and the route is tough I might like the option of switching to something easier (and drier!) as I have the fortunate position of having a Landy as a substitute vehicle and am too old to enjoy a head out in the rain and a butt sitting in a puddle in the drivers seat anymore!

sorry if this is already covered but what sort of driving do we actually do on this trip:

- mainly on tarmac

- mainly on level/rolling dirt tracks :sweat:

- mainly on graded off road type things :shake:

Hoping for lots of number 2 & a bit of 3:)

There'll always be someone willing to climb out and attach a towrope to you if you did get mired down - his name is Grasshopper and if it's wet he'll be issued with snorkle, puddle-jumping, 1 for the use of.

The tracks on and around the ranges are in pretty good condition at present, We will be driving mainly on all weather tracks although there will be the odd pothole but we are not talking massive.

You don't need any off road skills as we will only take you to places we think suitable for your vehicles. We totally understand you guys have spent lots of time and money on your vehicles and you don't want to get them trashed. This is why we have chosen the routes for the driving part of the weekend. As the years go on, and the more you get to know the place we will start adding more challenging drives but at the moment we will keep it straight forward and safe.

Some places may be a bit muddy due to Army training but thankfully over the last few weeks its been raining, the MOD have placed a wet weather resriction on all training. This means that no tracked or wheeled vehicles can drive off the stone tracks. Over the last few months we have driven the planned routes without any problems. If anyone has any reservations on the driving side of the gathering then please let me reassure you. myself and the rest of the Plain Military boys have gone over this time and time again. Its is our aim to insure you you will be totally safe while you are out on the ranges and your vehicles go only where we no best. To get the licence for the event we have had to sign paper saying that everything we do has to run under the same rules as the Army.

Come along, have a beer or two and enjoy what we hope will be a great chance to have a drive on the largest Army training ground in Europe.

Not long to go and see you all soon.

Tony