Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Go on Andy! You know you want to.....:D Another Meadows petrol to save, and you must have a spare bit of garden or patio somewhere? :whistle:

I actually quite like it. Although I'm not sure how long the front wings would last if they're fixed and not able to move with the wheels in the rough stuff. Looks like most of the bits which need to work are there. Nice project for someone I reckon.

Edited by daz76
Text added

Must be a special edition with a 50 tonne winch and a 14 liter engine...get it bought someone... If thats £5000 Younguns must be worth about £30,000.....

:rofl::rofl: Well there is some artistic licence in the description I agree. Clearly someones remade several bits in the past. Could be custom oversize re-bore :D. Not sure that kind of upgrade to the winch is possible though?

question, has any one got any photos or info on the RAF explorers ballast body type ? what engine,chassis numbers etc i think i have found one in a quarry?

Nine 6x6 Tractor Ballast Body where supplied to the RAF under contract 6/VEH/5924/C927A

Chassis no 7475 - 7433

Reg nos 18 AN 61 - 18 AN 69

Do hope it is one they are pretty rare! It will only be used to flat airfields so won't be happy in a bumpy old quarry...:-D

Edited by gritineye

Well done Bernard! there must be quite an interesting history with this one. :readbook:

If you look beyond the strange aero dynamics and wheel arches the body is pretty original ( If a "little" rusted :-D ) ! Wouldn't take a lot to get her back looking as she should ! Providing its not by me of course ! :red:

If you look beyond the strange aero dynamics and wheel arches the body is pretty original ( If a "little" rusted :-D ) ! Wouldn't take a lot to get her back looking as she should ! Providing its not by me of course ! :red:

Have to say I quite like it in original Rambo style, wonder if it was a film prop, plenty of originals about, dare to be different I say.....:-D

I reckon it would be a good project and a bit different.

If you need cheering up my restoration of Thor is now 14 years long and it's still only half done! :sleep:

I think I'll start stockpiling mineral diesel soon, so I can still drive it when it finally gets finished.

I reckon it would be a good project and a bit different.

If you need cheering up my restoration of Thor is now 14 years long and it's still only half done! :sleep:

I think I'll start stockpiling mineral diesel soon, so I can still drive it when it finally gets finished.

Hi Daz , I defo don't need cheering up thanks mate :D ! Still love rebuilding Daisy and have been making some progress recently when work and family permit as normal ! Hope to see some more video of Thor in action in the near future mate ! Besy wishes Andy :D:D