Favourite Picture.....

Hercules

• 5 weeks later...

I like this one of my old aeroplane (well, not mine personaly but I used to maintain her). She was the worlds last flying D.H. Comet and this was at the last decent families day at Boscombe Down. Must have been around 1996.

More pics of a more technical nature can be found on my website accessed via my sig.

51_jpg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I like this one of my old aeroplane (well, not mine personaly but I used to maintain her). She was the worlds last flying D.H. Comet and this was at the last decent families day at Boscombe Down. Must have been around 1996.

More pics of a more technical nature can be found on my website accessed via my sig.

51_jpg.jpg

I remember a Nimrod being flown like that at Halton Airshow, within a fortnight it crashed at an airshow in Canada killing all on board.

I worked with a chap whose son was at the time an instructor at Valley. He knew most of those on board and was very cut up. (he is now the main Lancaster pilot and leads the BBMF.)

I had a look through my grotty old shoe box full of tatty pics'

I spotted the late Robin Bowes in his 'Tripehound' in the circuit at Dunkeswell and tried to bounce him. It took all of one orbit before he was on my tail! the dogfight did'nt last long! They are some of my favourite photos' a, because he was a good friend, and b, how many people got to dog fight with the 'Red Baron' and lived to tell the tale.

Sorry about the quality.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

That B-17 behind the 353rd razorback, looks like it could be 'Nine o nine', why has it no engineers/top turret ?

Here is my favorite picture - That's me in the back with the grin. The very same P-51 Mustang that destroys the tank in Saving private Ryan.

Climbing out over Ipswich in a pair of Mustangs on a beautiful summers day - the noise in there is deafening

scan0003-3.jpg

And here is a very short youtube of our arrival back at 'Base'.

Here is a really proffessional job, by a guy called Speilburg. One of my favorite all time aviation scenes from a great movie "Empire of the Sun"..........It does capture some of the essence of the 'Caddilac of the Sky'.........Enjoy !

Oh, those are a couple of really nice pictures Mr Glasser !...........

Jets indeed, OK...........Where did I put those old pictures of that Me262 ?

Seriously, I am sure you agree, it really is the most fun you can have with your cloaths on - and that really does look like a lot of fun, that first picture all kitted out is quite something.

Thanks Mark, I think the dressing up, sorry, kitting up, was the best bit.!!

I had wanted to be an R.A.F. right from childhood, but the R.A.F. reckoned I was much too stupid to drive their lovely shiney aeroplanes, (Their loss I felt) so I ran away to sea to spite them.

The Hunter ( a Royal Navy T.8 of F.R.A.D.U. out of Yeovilton) flight was superb, especially getting to fly it, and at the same time mentally stick a finger up to the R.A.F. when viewing the roundal out on the wing.

Strangely this was the only aircraft I've been in where I felt slightly queasy!

I was'nt going to mention the Hawk flight, but if you're going to hit me with a 262, well......

Hunter T.8  1991.jpg

Edited by Jeff Glasser

That B-17 behind the 353rd razorback, looks like it could be 'Nine o nine', why has it no engineers/top turret ?

Here is my favorite picture - That's me in the back with the grin. The very same P-51 Mustang that destroys the tank in Saving private Ryan.

Climbing out over Ipswich in a pair of Mustangs on a beautiful summers day - the noise in there is deafening

scan0003-3.jpg

@Mark :argh::argh:

Just way to cool.