Question - happy with HMVF at the moment?

Jack

Hi folks

Happy New year to everyone!

Just wanted to ask if everyone is happy with HMVF at the moment....

Is there anything that needs changing?

Something we should be doing more of?

Something we should be doing less of?

Any hints or tips...??

Get on your soap box and :argh: gives us your feedback!

Kind regards.

Jack.

I would just like to know why everyone gets out of their pram at the slightest hint of anything political. Not suggesting that we have any such thread, but in a democracy, all things are political, as Churchill famously said:

"Better jaw jaw than war war."

Sometimes I go to add a comment and then think better of it. And in the past, I have been told in an abrubt way that what I posted was political, like I was some pariah. Is that the way it has to be?

I would just like to know why everyone gets out of their pram at the slightest hint of anything political. Not suggesting that we have any such thread, but in a democracy, all things are political, as Churchill famously said:

"Better jaw jaw than war war."

Sometimes I go to add a comment and then think better of it. And in the past, I have been told in an abrubt way that what I posted was political, like I was some pariah. Is that the way it has to be?

Forum Rules: http://www.hmvf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=38&topic=559.0

Politics.

Politics creeps into every day life and the movement has, like all others its fair share of politics - but it isn't tolerated here on HMVF. Yes, sometimes we can all have a bad hair day but please keep it off the forum. One of the reasons that HMVF is so successful is because it is politics free, it is a safe place to spend some time and it shows respect to all fellow members if we keep politics off the forum. Open debate is good and healthy and is encouraged but the moderating team, without question will take the appropriate action to keep HMVF smooth and 'trouble' free.

Again, if you think something you are about to post might risk inadvertently offending another member, then don't post it.

I spend more time than I should on here!

Like to suggest a couple more sections. More will come to mind as I thinkof them!

Relatives page.

If anyone is looking for any info on a relative or particular unit, or help in tracing them.

Under new management .

Speaks for itself. Vehicles used by others than they were intended.

WW1 vehicles.

Vast subject, Ive only touched on and had interest myself recently.

Listings.

TV or radio programmes that may be of interest.

Two topics banned from mess dinners irespective of rank are politics and religion. Seems reasonable to extend that to the forum as per the rules. :-)

Am I happy with HMVF - yep I definitely reckon so. Only thing I can think of adding - at a future time - would be a section for ex-Soviet/Warsaw Pact vehicles & equipment.

Great ideas so far, some can be added very easily, others require your help.

Listings.

TV or radio programmes that may be of interest.

This will require everyones input but can be done!

WW1 vehicles.

We can add a new board for this.

WW1 vehicles.

We can add a new board for this.

Can Safariswing please tie that B*****Y Elephant down? :shake: Maybe the battlefeilds and military history bits need there own section. A lot of useful info gets spread about and lost. How about a travel section? Fares routes etc? Maybe the moderators could arrange a discount on cross channel trips?

Me, I'm very happy to be here,...........if I wasn't, I wouldn't be;........ifyou know what I mean. ;-)

As already mentioned, WW1 vehicles could well be an informative addition;..well a head scratching one, anyways.......... :whistle:

I'd go along with Tonys suggestion re History and Battlefield topics being separated; both are vast subjects.

Cheers Jact and team;........goes to prove you've got it RIGHT.!!

Andy

Two topics banned from mess dinners irespective of rank are politics and religion. Seems reasonable to extend that to the forum as per the rules. :-)

Am I happy with HMVF - yep I definitely reckon so. Only thing I can think of adding - at a future time - would be a section for ex-Soviet/Warsaw Pact vehicles & equipment.

Yep, mess rules rule. Plenty of other forums for that sort of thing. Otherwise it is the mess Webley... Not to sure about relatives listings, lots of sites for that, and TV listings - er, look in the paper? But definitely look at emerging trends such as WP vehicles.

Cheers

There has been quite a bit of talk on aviation topics recently. How about a seperate section for aviation related subjects?

Steve

Good point....this can be done but need a show of hands for a yes and then your wish is mine Joris's command.

Cheers

Jack.

Can't do that. :shake:

A plane is an aircraft - not a vehicle.

Unless we split the forum -

HMVF and HMAF. :whistle:

Markheliops

Definitions of vehicle on the Web:

a conveyance that transports people or objects

Plenty of MVs used by air forces, tankers, staff cars, bomb loaders. Was watching old black and white film yesterday "An appointment in London", wartimebased. Spent an hour or so spotting lots of , Humbers, Bedford QL's (I think), Austin K2's, Austin Tillys etc etc.