AWDC Heavy Vehicle Trial

Apologies if there's a thread elsewhere about this. Just been lent a copy of the AWDC magazine All Wheel Driver (dec07/Jan 08) and was interested to see in it a report of the AWDC Heavy Vehicle Trial at Slab Common. The photos prove that neither GMCs or Scammells are short of axle articulation.

Two Scammell Explorers, Ferret, GMC 6x6, a KRAZ 6x6 and a Renault TRM 2000 entered - it's great reading, great event and just wondered if any of the drivers are on this forum. Always had a softspot for HVTs since a guy called Chris Acock from Yate let me drive his Scammell Explorer in a similar event at Bovvy years ago... Thumbs up to the AWDC for organising it. Let us know the date for 2008?

JC

• 4 months later...
Apologies if there's a thread elsewhere about this. Just been lent a copy of the AWDC magazine All Wheel Driver (dec07/Jan 08) and was interested to see in it a report of the AWDC Heavy Vehicle Trial at Slab Common. The photos prove that neither GMCs or Scammells are short of axle articulation.

Two Scammell Explorers, Ferret, GMC 6x6, a KRAZ 6x6 and a Renault TRM 2000 entered - it's great reading, great event and just wondered if any of the drivers are on this forum. Always had a softspot for HVTs since a guy called Chris Acock from Yate let me drive his Scammell Explorer in a similar event at Bovvy years ago... Thumbs up to the AWDC for organising it. Let us know the date for 2008?

JC

Err, yes I am one of the drivers at that event

(Hangs head in shame at pi@@ poor performance)

It was me in the Ferret and it was my first experience of trials. Having no first gear meant that I HAD to maintain momentum which is why I treated it more like a rally special stage rather than taking it gently as you are supposed to.

Great fun to drive and great un to watch - I managed to get out of the Ferret and take some snaps rom time to time -

Either click on "detail" then each picture of interest or click on a thumbnail

See you at the Overlord Show