Mystery Object No.63

fv1609

You dropped your 99 without flake on your spare wheel.

99 without a flake makes it a normal ice cream I suppose? As you mentioned it, apparently the big thing than annoys ice cream vendors is that most of the public get annoyed that a 99 cost more than 99p. Anyway the answer is nope.

Could it be some component, on a vehicle, that has been waterproofed for wading, ie encassed in some waterproof compound?

Yes well done Richard it is indeed.

It is a distributor cap being waterproofed. I had to trim the picture a bit so as to not make it too obvious.

width=640 height=467http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/clive001.jpg[/img]

So the second part of the question is, what is the vehicle?

It has to be a Ford V8 distributor, been working on one this week ;-)

vehicle could be Ford WOA2 or WOT 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, etc.

Yes well done Richard you are correct

You might be surprised that one of the regulars on here wasn't joining in this as he owns such a vehicle & surprised he didn't join in & spot it. I can now reveal that the pictures were kindly supplied by Robert Davey, who tells me this is the waterproofing of a Lucas distributor on a Ford V8 in a WOT2. To prove the point here are some chaps busy waterproofing one.

width=640 height=514http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/clive002.jpg[/img]

All those guys need now, is to have a condensor go duff after putting all that gook around the distributor :|

Ah but in general people just won't belief a condenser can go duff so easily & if one is kept as a spare then it must be good, no possibility of that one being duff as well. But as you know my free condenser testing service has a very limited uptake :cry: & as for being suspicious about a rotor arm & testing that seems taboo unless it has a visible crack. But by then its obvious its not likely to be much good. Ah another lost cause.

Ah but in general people just won't belief a condenser can go duff so easily & if one is kept as a spare then it must be good, no possibility of that one being duff as well. But as you know my free condenser testing service has a very limited uptake :cry: & as for being suspicious about a rotor arm & testing that seems taboo unless it has a visible crack. But by then its obvious its not likely to be much good. Ah another lost cause.

Well, since you posted a really good article on condenser testing, and as i have a nice AVO 8 Mk3 meter and a Megger (Almost identical to the one in the article!) i have been testing my own!

Well, since you posted a really good article on condenser testing, and as i have a nice AVO 8 Mk3 meter and a Megger (Almost identical to the one in the article!) i have been testing my own!

Good man! That's the spirit, keep up the good work :-)